Chapter 15: Winchester Luck

True to their word they booked a room in the hotel, however, calling it an apartment would be distracting from what it really was, a house on a small island with palm trees and all. Upon Dean's shocked question about how that was possible, the receptionist explained it. Every "room" they have is, in reality, a pocket dimension each with a different setting. They are ranging from old castles to even one simulating the moon. Hearing that Dean wanted to get that room, Harry couldn't be convinced, so he had to accept the beach house.

On the other hand, this wasn't that bad either. Because right now, Dean was lying on an air mattress sleeping and bobbing up and down in the waves. Sam and Harry were contently sitting under the palm trees reading books, Sam a book with useful spells and Harry a novel.

It had been five days now that they were at the Rabbit Hole and all three were quite content with how life was at the moment. The first day they didn't do much more than relaxing as well as the next day. After that, they did some more shopping, mainly for books. Harry also went to the fourth floor to buy some plants where he found a rare one for Neville and let it be delivered directly. If he had to take care for it...let's just say it wouldn't have survived the first day.

Harry also started to teach Sam some magic. However, it was only easy stuff like the levitation charm or minor hexes because he didn't know much more. That brought up a question from Sam.

"I wonder, this ball at the wand shop showed that you could also use mind magic." Sam still couldn't believe that he talked about magic without the need to kill some demon, as it was usually the case. "Why didn't you get a focus for that too?"

"Because I rarely use it. Sure, I train it to use it in case of an emergency. But other than that, it is much too exhausting in my opinion. To use it you need an extreme amount of concentration, and for the everyday use, it is too much for my liking. I stay with hand magic," he replied with a shrug.

They also made a tour to the Rabbit Hole's basement to see what could be found there. The entire thing was like a giant adventure park with different zones for different activities. You could find everything from a shooting ranch, where Dean instantly went to test their new weapons, to a vast area for something akin to paintball.

Though there you not only could use shooting weapons but also knives or wands. The entire equipment was enchanted. For example, if you used a wand, not the real spell you cast would be used but converted into a painting spell that indicated the spell's severity. So in case you would use the killing curse for example, not the real curse would leave the wand but a charm that would paint the target red if hit, indicating that the other would be dead.

Besides that, they also had things like broom racing which Harry instantly tried out. He only came out third, but for his first try, it was quite good.

The holidays couldn't have been any better. However, Harry quickly got to know why Loki always whined about the "Winchester luck" as he called it. There were only three days left, and Loki didn't show up yet, but Harry wasn't overly concerned about it. The pagan god would show up soon enough. Harry was just getting ready to swim some when suddenly the door to his room opened, and a blond woman entered.

"Oh, wrong room," she said and was just to leave the room when she became aware of who was the occupant of the room. In an instant, she was across the room and pinning Harry to the wall a knife at his throat. "Harry Potter, I would never have dreamt of seeing you here in America. You know there are quite a few demons or others who would pay a nice price to get you in their hands," she said with a malicious grin. "First and foremost, Lilith. You know she loves to possess children."