Chapter 26: Rising of the Witnesses

Dean and Alastair landed in front of a diner as they were quite hungry, so they decided to get something to eat. They walked into the diner and seated themselves as the sign in front said to seat themselves instead of waiting to be placed. All the while, they continued talking about how to meet the angel.

"What do you think? How can we meet that angel...Castiel was it?" Dean asked.

The pair stopped their current conversation as the waitress came to give them the menu and asked what they wanted to drink. Alastair ordered a coffee and Dean ordered a coke. As soon as the waitress left, they pursued the menu to decide what they were going to eat before putting them aside. Resuming the conversation from earlier after the waitress came back with their drinks, and they had ordered, Alastair replied to Dean while taking a sip of her coffee.

"Yes, but he would need to take a vessel for him to be able to talk to us properly."

"So he will have to convince some idiot to say yes to him," Dean groaned, that could take ages and he didn't want to wait that long.

Alastair nodded. "A faithful person who is willing to play host for an angel," she replied before she snickered. "How fortunate that I don't have to take someone by force or any other way."

"So you don't want to take me?" Dean told her with a lopsided grin.

"Oh you, I would like to take anyplace anytime." She snickered even more.

"You're insatiable, I hope you know that," Dean replied with a chuckle of his own.

They continued drinking their own drinks mulling over the fact that the Angel needed a vessel to properly speak. A short while later, the waitress came back with their dinner. Both stayed silent, just enjoying the food. They were halfway through their meal when Alastair suddenly perked up.

"Cover your ears and get under the table," she told Dean before following her own advice.

Not a moment later, they heard the same high-pitched shriek from the Angel trying to communicate without a vessel. Every window burst and any other glass in the diner, showering everyone in bits of broken glass and other things like drinks or food. Luckily the diner was relatively empty. Only three other customers and the waitress were there, so the casualties were limited.

"That son of a bitch! Hasn't he learned that we can't understand him from the last time?" Dean growled once the shrieking had stopped, so it was safe for him to get out from under the table now.

"Obviously he is a really dense specimen," Alastair crawled out right after Dean and stood up before looking around and sighing.

It was fortunate that the other customers, who were currently looking around in confusion, only had scrapes and no severe injuries. However, Alastair wasn't overly concerned about them anyway.

"We need to get a hold of that idiot, and fast, before he does some serious damage," Dean growled.

It wasn't that he was overly concerned about the damage that stupid angel could cause. Still, he really didn't want to have to explain to some idiot about why that angel was following him around like a good little puppy.

Alastair nodded in agreement brushing off the dirt from her clothes and the few stray pieces of glass that were still stuck in her hair. Throwing some money for the food and the coffee on the counter, Dean and Alastair left the diner.

"How do we get that idiot to get himself a vessel before meeting with us?" Dean questioned.

"I have no idea, but I hope that he gets the hint himself," Alastair said while shaking her head before wrapping her arms around Dean's midsection. "In the meantime let's get a hotel room, I can think of far more interesting things we could be doing other than waiting for him to get the hint."