Chapter 13: Hello, Winchesters!

Loki landed in the middle of a town in America and told Harry that he could let go now, but the boy didn't. He grabbed Loki even tighter.

"Thank you," he said a few tears running down his cheek. "I know how risky that was...so thank you."

"You're welcome, but I'm sorry that we had to leave so hastily..."

"It's okay. I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose, and perhaps we can return some other time." Harry leaned back and smiled. "So...where are we and what day is it?"

"Well we are in front of the café with the second-best chocolate cake of the world, and we have Wednesday the 27th, 10 a.m. local time" Loki replied while letting Harry down.

"Huh? Only two days passed? I could have sworn it was longer we have been away."

Loki chuckled. "In heaven, time passes quicker than on earth."

"Cool," he took a look around. "So let's see. Sunny day and about 17°C. Clearly an English-speaking country. Not Australia because it is summer there at the moment and much warmer. Hmmm...America I'd say. California or Florida?"

"California, Malibu to be precise" Loki smiled.

"Can we visit the beach later?" Harry asked excitedly.

"Sure, why not" they entered the café to place their order before looking for a table outside. "I thought about either visiting a theme park later or taking a stroll through L.A. before making a beeline for Vegas tomorrow or so."

"Vegas? Am I not a bit young for casinos and gambling?"

Loki laughed. "You're right in Vegas you mostly find casinos, but there is also the 'Rabbit Hole' located" Harry cocked his head in confusion. "It's a magical mall like 'Diagon Alley' but far more extensive, more modern and totally awesome. In America, it is THE location everyone magical, supernatural or otherwise connected to the supernatural goes to. The whole thing is a neutral zone where...how did one put it? Ah yes, ...angels and demons go hand in hand doing their business without having to fear that the other side attacks them. Well, they would if the feather-stuffed brains from above didn't think it beneath them coming to earth. Funny thing is that the founder of that place made the entire thing an imitation of Alice in Wonderland with all the follow the white rabbit thing to get there. They even have a guard to ensure that strict neutrality that resembles the guards from Alice in Wonderland."

They continued talking about what they could do in L.A. while eating the cake and drinking the hot chocolate the server just brought them.

"For a long time, I thought those cakes were simply the best humanity could come up with. I don't know how you do it, but yours are better...far better" Loki mused.

Harry blushed slightly before he shrugged. "As I said, I only have experience."

Loki hummed upon that. "Want some more?" he asked when they both finished.

Harry nodded, and Loki went inside to order some more. Just at that moment a black car parked on the other side of the street, a black Impala to be precise. Out came two men. A larger but younger one stepped out first, followed by a smaller one around the late twenties. They both agitatedly argued about something before entering a shop.

Harry snickered. Loki told him about the Winchester brothers, and the two who just left resembled their description quite well. That was when an evil idea occurred him. Didn't Loki tell him that Dean loved rock music? He made a few quick moves with his hands.

It took a few minutes before the two came back out and with one look on his car, the older man's face darkened before he took a look around. Unfortunately, just at that moment, Loki left the café. The man spotted him and rushed over, nailing the pagan to the wall next to the door.