Chapter 14: Down the Rabbit Hole

The rest of the drive was relatively uneventful. Sam asked Harry several more questions about natural-born. When Harry mentioned Hogwarts, Sam asked even more questions. In the meantime, Dean slept in his seat.

"Wait, did you just say that Loki is teaching?" Sam asked in absolute disbelieve.

"Sure, he is one of the best teachers. The entire class had top marks in the test before the Christmas holidays and that even though he only had half the time to teach us everything. On top of that, he also uses the time to teach us about the supernatural worldwide. If he didn't teach us we would be taught by the most boring ghost in existence" Harry huffed.

"A ghost...? As a teacher?" Sam didn't know what to think anymore. This whole new world turned his upside down.

"Yes, ghost. We have quite a few ghosts at Hogwarts, and no, they don't go insane. This was actually how Loki became our teacher in the first place. After mourning the fact that he couldn't prank Binns...our former teacher," he added after seeing the questioning look on Sam.

After that, Harry explained to Sam what Loki told him in the first history class. The entire time it took to get to Vegas, they talked about several things regarding magic. Finally, they reached the city, and as if he knew it, Dean woke up.

"So we are in Vegas now. Where to?" Sam asked while Harry looked out of the window and for any sign of white rabbits.

When he finally spotted one, he answered. "Can you see that white rabbit graffiti over there?"

"Yes."

"Follow it."

Sam did as he was said and a short time later, they stood in some deserted area. It was a factory complex that looked like it was abandoned a long time ago. Only a few cars parked there, which seemed a bit odd. Mostly the five hundred thousand dollars Porsche looked out of place.

"Are you sure that we are right here?" Dean asked sceptically.

"Quite. I can see the magic radiating from that door over there" Harry said while he got out of the car. He walked up to the said door when he noticed that the Winchesters weren't following him but instead rumoured in the car's rear trunk. So he turned around and walked up to them instead. Both were sorting some weapons and put them in a large bag.

"You don't need them. As far as I understood Lo, you wouldn't even be able to take them with you."

"Say what? I'm not going into some unknown building filled with supernatural beings unarmed" Dean got het up.

"Then take some knives with you. Guns are not allowed, only wands and knives."

The brothers started to repack their bag. Harry shrugged while walking back to the door. He didn't want to know what they packed. He did his duty by warning them, and in the end, it wasn't his problem should they bring guns with them. He waited a few minutes until Sam and Dean were finished and walked up to him. Together they walked into the building.

They all stopped dead in their track. Inside it was much different than what it looked from the outside. Though Harry shouldn't be so surprised with knowing Diagon Alley. However, this was entirely different. He now knew what Loki meant with modern and totally awesome.

They stood in the entrance of a vast building. It was brightly lit, and the floors and walls were in a mixture of beige and deep red. In front of them was a security point. They could see many shops along a hallway that seemed to lead to a round central plaza. It was much like those modern shopping malls. The shops all had large glass fronts behind which they showed their best products. It seemed that they stood in the section for sports.