Chapter 8: Teachers Going Nuts

The next few weeks flew by quite unspectacularly. Harry had his first Quidditch lessons in which he nearly gave Wood several heart attacks with the stunts he performed. That only proved that he was a natural-born flyer, and everyone was eager to see him in the first official match.

The friends also met several times with Hagrid, during ones they learned that someone broke into Gringotts.

"Who is so stupid to break into a goblin bank? Even I wouldn't be so stupid to anger the goblin nation, not after what happened to Thor" Loki rambled shaking his head.

Everyone looked at him curiously. So he explained that several centuries ago that hammer happy moron called Thor waltzed into a goblin village because they refused to forge a weapon for him. He started a massive fight with them. It took three decades before he was even remotely able to leave bed again. Not to mention that this incident put a gigantic dent into his overblown ego.

Loki just found it hilarious that about two dozen goblins off-handedly beat the mighty warrior, who always boasted himself with stories of how he defeated entire armies. It gave him healthy respect towards them. To thank them for this amusement, he even helped the goblins from time to time.

After that, they all fell into some routine. A few minor pranks, some courtesy to the twins some to Loki but mostly harmless things like gender switch or colour potions in the food or some little hexes like the babbling curse towards the teachers. That was funny because not one of the students thought about ending the curse. Since cancelling it without chanting the counter curse correctly is hard to achieve, they had to cancel the lessons at least until the curse wore off naturally, which took its time since Loki cast it.

The most surprising prank was when Neville got Loki to eat laced chocolate. Later it turned out to be a root he learned about from one of the many Herbology books he read which coloured his skin bright red. After that Loki double checked any chocolate the boys gave him.

Another thing was that Ron one night was snoring once more...loud. Loki was out for some time to check what his favourite targets the Winchesters were doing.

When Loki was back again, he looked into the eyes of glad Gryffindor boys because they knew they soon would be able to sleep again. This time Ron got a one-way ticket straight into Albus Dumbledore's bed next to the man. Loki then conjured up a mirror through which they observed what would happen. Curiously though, both didn't wake up from it, but both started to cuddle with each other snoring like there was no tomorrow. The next day Ron ran around with a bright red head while Dumbledore was seen grinning and whistling. No one of the Gryff's dared to ask what happened after they went back to bed. Honestly, they didn't even want to think about it.

Lessons, on the other hand, went on as always. Potions was a nightmare, Transfiguration somewhat hard if you hadn't Loki as help. Charms was mostly taking notes, DADA pure torture thanks to a stuttering Quirrell, and Astronomy kind of useless since nobody knew what that was for. Herbology was the only one somehow exciting, and Loki continued teaching History.

But that brought up a whole new problem. It was two weeks before Halloween. Loki was about two thirds through the History stuff he had to explain for this year.

Almost everyone in the school heard what went on in the first-year Gryffindor/Ravenclaw class by now. They all wanted similar lessons. Loki's only comment about it was that they should talk to McGonagall and they did.

The poor woman didn't know what was coming. One evening suddenly every single Prefect from nearly every house and the head boy and girl stood in front of her. Only the Slytherins were missing because they would never ask such a thing as being schooled by a Gryffindor firsty. Pride is a bitch.