Chapter 12: Best Christmas Ever?!

The three sat at the Gryffindor table, having breakfast. Harry and Loki were chatting excitedly, but Neville looked somewhat unhappy. Not that he didn't like or enjoy Christmas...it merely bothered him something. Harry was about to ask him what the matter was when suddenly McGonagall came rushing through the hall entrance door and walked up to them with a relentless pace.

"Mr Longbottom, would you please follow me?" she said before looking at Loki with an amused glint in her eyes.

Neville looked at the others in confusion but stood up nevertheless and followed their head of the house.

"Merry Christmas" Loki shouted after them when they were halfway back to the door.

Neville turned around and smiled at them, but it didn't seem to reach his eyes before leaving the hall.

"Something's wrong with Neville. I don't know, but something seems to bother him" Harry mused.

"Believe me his mood will lighten up when he gets his present" Loki replied cheerfully which earned him a confused look.

Neville followed McGonagall into her office. The woman grabbed a piece of cloth from her desk, holding it out to Neville.

"This is a portkey please take a hold."

He looked at it, confused and cautious. It wasn't that he thought that the Professor would harm him in any way, but he also didn't fancy to get lost somewhere. In the end, he decided that his trust in McGonagall was more significant than his caution, and he grabbed it. McGonagall activated it, and they both were ported away.

When they landed, Neville was first a bit dizzy from the getting sucked through a tube feeling that came with Portkeys. After recovering, he took a look around and found himself in a corridor of...St Mungo's? Now he was utterly confused. Was something wrong with his parents? Panic started to rise within him while he followed his teacher to where he knew his parents laid.

They both rounded a room divider, and Neville stopped dead in his track. He took a double look and even tried pinching himself, thinking this was a dream.

In the beds sat both of his parents awake and fully well.

It took him two minutes to recover. He whispered a 'thank you Loki' which let McGonagall who heard it snicker. But he didn't notice it because he started to cry while running over to his parents and hugging them.

This was definitely the best Christmas he ever had.