Chapter 38: But the Second Follows Quick

Michael frowned at the lifeless body that lay on his desk. He knew in an instant that this was one of his brother's tricks. Because otherwise, his wings would also be imprinted onto the wood and floor.

"Did you really have to dump him on my desk? Now all the paperwork has bloodstains on it," he complained with a frown.

"I think this is the least of his problems," a voice behind Zachariah said, making said angel whip around. "Zach...Zach...Zach...has no one ever told you that if you try to pull such a stunt on a trickster god, you should make sure that it really is him?" he chuckled when he saw the angel's shocked face.

"Hellooo," Loki piped in a singsong voice waiving jovially, taunting the angel. "Trickster god! Don't look so surprised. One might think that angels are complete idiots. Oh, wait...angels ARE complete idiots. Or dicks with wings if one can believe a certain someone. Oh, and another word to the wise...make sure that when you attack someone, said someone doesn't have an angel blade himself."

To Zachariah's shock, Loki not only stood right in front of him well and alive but was also pointing an angel blade at him. When the angel reached out with his grace to validate its authenticity, he sucked in a breath.

"Where did you get Lucifer's blade from?" Zachariah questioned, his eyes wide from fear. While blades from angels' lower ranking than him would only hurt like a bitch when stabbed with them, the sword of an archangel could literally kill everything. Even another archangel, not to mention someone like him.

"I have my methods," Loki replied with a broad grin. "You see, I'm very resourceful. Anyway, I suggest you leave and go play with your petty little apocalypse and leave us alone."

"You think that hiding behind a pagan god will help you, Dumbledore? Then, mark my words, you will rue the day you crossed me," Zachariah raged before he vanished into thin air in a manner that clearly told the two archangels that he was pissed off.

On the other hand, Loki looked at the dead body on the desk with a grin. Said body began to waver and shimmer away, including the blood his brother whined about, not that Michael would admit to having complained.

"I have to admit that I'm impressed. You've gotten extremely good with illusions. Were it not for me knowing who you are and the missing imprint of wings, I would have thought that he got you," Michael said with a bit of awe and a frown.

"Frigga is a good teacher. She taught me quite a lot about illusions," Loki shrugged.

Michael chuckled. "However, do you think it wise to antagonise Zachariah in that way? No offence, but he will take this personally, and heaven knows what he will do if he thinks that he won't get his way."

"True," Loki said with a sneer.

"But maybe it is better that way," he continued in a musing tone. "I never have been good at keeping up a ruse for long that had always been Lucifer's and your virtue. So at least now he thinks my change in attitude is because of you."

Loki snickered. "Never would have dreamed of the day where you dear brother would hide behind me," he said amusedly.

"Ha, ha, very funny. Where did you get Lucifer's blade from anyway?" Michael inquired curiously.

"You remember that one time when Lucy suddenly needed a new one?" Loki replied amusedly.

Michael nodded. Loki, in the way of explaining things, waved the blade.

Michael couldn't help himself, but he snorted. "Lucifer bitched for several centuries about how he never loses anything, and you had it all that time," he shook his head in fond amusement. "Is there anything else that suddenly changed its owner?"