Chapter 25: Castiel

Dean and Alastair landed in a junkyard outside a house that had certainly seen better days in Alastair's opinion, though she didn't really care. She walked over to one of the damaged cars close to the house's entrance, sat upon the hood and watched how Dean walked up to the front door. To her amusement, it seemed that Dean was a bit frightened about his upcoming confrontation with his old friend.

Dean looked around for one last time, hoping that Bobby wouldn't react too violently to his new condition before he knocked sharply against the door. A few minutes later, he could hear a rumbling coming from inside the house and shortly after a man in his late fifties opened the door.

Said man took one look at Dean his expression quickly changing from shock and surprise to suspiciousness. In an instant, the man had a gun in his hand and pointed it at Dean.

"Hey, hey, Bobby, it's me! Dean," Dean exclaimed, but Bobby didn't seem to believe him.

"Prove it," Bobby demanded.

"How am I supposed to do that?" Dean asked in disbelief.

As an answer Bobby threw a handful of salt at Dean who quickly dove out of the way, not wanting to be hit by it because it would hurt him.

"Bobby, what is that supposed to be?" he asked the older man, ignoring the low chuckling of Alastair. The latter watched the proceedings with growing amusement.

Now even more suspicious of Dean, Bobby grabbed a bottle of holy water, opened it and flung part of the content towards Dean who had to jump to the side to avoid it. That movement, however, set off Alastair who laughed uproariously.

"You are so going to sleep on the couch tonight!" Dean snarled at the demon with a glare for standing there laughing over his predicament.

"I highly doubt that!" Alastair said with a knowing smirk.

"Oh, you'll see," Dean snapped back diving under yet another attack with holy water.

"Bobby, if you'd stop for a moment I'll explain everything."

Bobby though set off after him, chasing Dean around the entire scrap yard, using either salt or holy water. The whole thing made Alastair, who watched the chase with flagrant glee, laugh even harder. What Dean couldn't see in his attempt to run away and hide from his old friend was that said friend chased him with a massive smirk on his face. Also, none of the attacks hitting Dean was a good indicator that Bobby knew very well that Dean has become a demon. That he didn't chase him to hurt him but for some other reason, probably to make Dean pay for something.

Alastair couldn't help it, she found it highly amusing.

"Bobby, would you please stop and listen to me?" Dean now whined.

"So ya can tell me that you became a demon? I already know that, ya idjit!" Bobby now laughed.

That actually made Dean stop and turn towards Bobby.

"What?" he asked in disbelief while raising his hand to shield his face because Bobby flicked the bottle with holy water towards him again. However, since it was empty now, only a few droplets flew at Dean one hitting his hand. "Ouch," he hissed, shaking it to get the water off of it.

"Ah, stop yer whining, it'll heal," Bobby chuckled, shaking his head. "Come on, let's go inside then you can tell me everything."

"Why did you chase me around the entire junkyard if you knew?" Dean demanded while massaging his hand where the holy water had hit him and sulkily following Bobby.

"For making me worry about you, idjit!" Bobby told him, hitting Dean over the head.

"Are you two done playing tag?" Alastair asked with amusement when they reached her.