Chapter 39: Little Red Riding Hood

Zachariah was currently pacing his office in heaven furiously. Not only had that infuriating boy outwitted him. But also, his vessel was destroyed because of it. How had that brat even managed to get into hell in the first place? He didn't want to think about how he had foolishly followed him like some amateur. Heaven was that embarrassing. The only good thing about the entire ordeal was that no one had witnessed his idiocy except that cretin. He could only pray that he wouldn't have to share this with anyone. Then, he would be everyone's laughingstock.

Then there was also Dumbledore, who suddenly decided that it was a good idea to cross him. Oh, how that foolish pest would rue the day he met him. That he thought that he was able to best him only because he had the gift of magic made Zachariah laugh. But, no, Dumbledore was no threat to him though to his plans he was.

He had counted on the man's want for power and that he would get him Riddle's soul in exchange. Still, now it looked like he had no influence over Dumbledore or the boy to get him the soul, which he desperately needed.

The thing was that his full cooperation with those disgusting demons depended on the delivery of that blasted soul. Why they even needed it was beyond him, it was just one soul, but it was his only way to get them to cooperate.

It was infuriating. Ever since Raphael set him on getting Lucifer out and the Winchesters to cooperate, everything went to hell. Before, he was the best man heaven ever had. The other angels respected him...even feared him, but now? Now they laughed at him. The fall of the high and mighty, they called it, and they were right. Heaven, if he couldn't even convince that stupid child to play along, how was he supposed to convince the Winchesters?

In his frustration, he punched a large hole in the wall with a growl. He needed to get things back on track again, but he needed a new vessel for that. Slowly he began to think that the entire thing was too much of a hassle, but he would never dare to go against his superiors.

Therefore, he set off to Earth to find himself a suitable vessel with a plan in mind.

Loki and Harry were currently strolling through a mundane shopping mall in Japan, looking for some clothes

Loki and Harry were currently strolling through a mundane shopping mall in Japan, looking for some clothes. However, Loki could feel that something was still bothering Harry.

"I honestly don't know what to do with you," Loki suddenly said with a sigh, getting a confused look from Harry over the statement. "You draw in more trouble than anyone else I've ever met."

"This coming from a trickster god who is chaos and trouble incarnate," Harry snorted. "Hypocrite much, eh?"

Loki chuckled. "True. Anyway, I hope you know that if you want to talk with me about anything at all. Anything, no matter how trivial it may seem, that I'll always listen to you."

Harry looked at the floor, obviously thinking about what to say when he took a deep breath, walked over to one of the benches that stood next to the escalator and sat down.