Chapter 2: Don't Let Your Guard Down

Your POV

" (y/n)?" a familiar voice called out my name. I then saw Xiangling waving at me, I saw her greeting Zhongli, and Zhongli greeted her back.

" Xiangling! "

" (y/n)!"

We both happily said in unison and hugged each other.

" I missed you! So how's Mondstadt? " she asked me excitingly.

" I meet a handsome bartender at Mondstadt. " I told her with a wink.

" Haha. That's not what I meant! " She said with a laugh," I mean the exotic ingredients! ", she chimed. I chuckled and handed her a jar of fermented valberries.

" Sorry, that's just what I got... That handsome guy from Mondstadt's the one that fermented it for me. " I told Xiangling and she hugged me tightly.

" I could create exotic dishes with these! Thank you so much! " Xiangling said, I just scratched the back of my head.

" Weird you mean... " I told myself.

" I heard your sister's waiting for you at the restaurant, let's go! " She chimed and we both went to their restaurant, I can see Zhongli also walking towards their restaurant.

" Xiangling, do you know that guy? " I asked her while pointing at Zhongli and she looked suspiciously at me.

" You know, you're vision gets clearer when you see handsome guys. " Xiangling said and hit my arm with her elbow, we then both laughed at each other.

" Don't ask me, ask him. He's a kind guy! He always gives me huge tips and cooking tips!" Xiangling told me with a smile.

" I'm a little bit shy... He's kinda intimidating..." I told Xiangling and she just chuckled at me.

" Of course you find him intimidating! You like him! " Xiangling said with a laugh.

" N-no I don't! H-he's just... I don't know... He's... Urggg nevermind... " I told Xiangling as she laughed and playfully pushed me hard causing me to bump against Zhongli's back.

" Hmm? " I heard Zhongli as he slowly turned around to face me. I slowly felt my face heat up.

" Guess we meet again. " Zhongli said with a chuckle.

" I-I-"

" Mr. Zhongli! Meet (y/n)! You might not know but she's the Tianquan's sister! " Xiangling told him and his eyes widen. I immediately glared at Xiangling.

" So you're the younger sister of- "

" Lady Ningguang! A pleasure to have you here! " a local cut Zhongli off and my eyes widen.

" Just in time. " Ningguang said and looked at me with a smile.

" Lady Ningguang! Welcome! " Xiangling greeted her enthusiastically, I saw a soft smile forming at Zhongli's lips as he slowly backed away from me.

" Mr. Zhongli. "

We heard someone called for him.

" Ahh. There he is." Zhongli said while looking at the ginger-colored hair guy. Ningguang and I looked at each other with our eyes widen.

' He's a Fatui... A harbinger.' I thought and stared at the guy.

" What? You saw another cutie?" Xiangling playfully said, I just sighed and laughed and she excused herself to serve the other customers.

" Excuse us, Mr. Zhongli." my sister told him formally. Zhongli smiled and nodded.

" I may as well excuse myself, Lady Ningguang. " Zhongli said slightly bowing his head and then looked at me. " Lady (y/n)... " He continued and bowed slightly at me as well, he then slowly went to that Fatui Harbinger.

" You know them? " Ningguang asked me, as we were also both heading towards our table.

" Only Zhongli... But that guy..." I said and looked at her. She then nodded.

" As expected. Be careful. " Ningguang told me and I nodded.

" You too sis. " I told her and she chuckled.

" I also saw a female Harbinger at Mondstadt. They call her 'Signora'. " I whispered to Ningguang.

" I see..." She responded.

" But they're a little bit lowkey for now. " I told her until Xiangling came and brought us some dishes.

" What? But we haven't ordered yet. " I told Xiangling.

" It's from Mr. Zhongli and that new guy beside him." Xiangling said and playfully hit my arm again.

Ningguang and I immediately turned our gazes on them, Zhongli smiled while the Fatui waved his hand at us. Ningguang just glared at them.

" You'll be having a new mission. " my sister said, I smirked and nodded. I already knew what she meant.

I turned my gaze on them once again, the Fatui guy was looking suspiciously at my sister, he then noticed me and smiled. I just glared at him and faced my sister.

" Never let your guard down." Ningguang told me.

~ Time skip, evening ~

I spent the whole afternoon picking glaze lilies at Quince Village, I was planning on offering some of it to the lord of Geo since I've been gone for a long time and some to be made as perfume.

When I was on my way to one of the statues, I saw a familiar figure staring at the statue. I immediately hid behind a tree as I watch him. He then turned his head to where I was hiding.

" Come on now, there's no need to hide." I heard him say and I sighed and revealed myself. He then chuckled and stared at the statue again. I slowly went to the statue and stood beside him.

" H-how'd you know I was there?" I asked him and he looked at me with a warm smile.

" It's because of the strong fragrance emitted by the glaze lilies." He said making me feel so dumb.

" Your voice does really complement your face." He continued. I raised a brow at him.

" Huh? What do you mean?" I asked him, he then smiled at me.

" Both beautiful. " He said and it made my eyes widen. I felt my heart skip a beat.

" O-of course I am. " I said trying to play it cool. I then ignored him and placed a half bunch of the glaze lilies in front of Rex Lapis' statue.

" Hmm? What are you gonna do with the others?" He asked, I glanced at him and chuckled.

" Make them a perfume. " I answered and his eyes widen. I took a glaze lily and offered it to him.

" Here, I guess you can have it." I told him and he just stared at me and the flower.

" Why do you look so stunned?" I asked him as I playfully tucked the flower on his hair, above his ear and he finally snapped out of it.

I immediately felt my head throbbing." Arg... " I groaned in pain. He immediately took my hand and pulled me closer to him which shocked me, I then tried to free myself but his grip tightened.

" L-Let me g— "

" Look at me. " He ordered with a strict commanding tone which made me did exactly what he said.

" No... But why Glaze Lilies? " He asked me.

' No what? ' I questioned myself.

" Uh... I-it's because I think Glaze Lilies are... Uhh... Perfect! I-I love strong scents!" I said and placed my free hand on my throbbing head. I can see my vision getting blurry.

' Is this because of too much wine last night? ' I asked myself as I feel like I was slowly fainting.

I felt his strong arms on my back as he pulled me closer to him, making my head rest on his shoulder.

" To cleanse the land and defend our safe Harbor, that was the first contract in Liyue. And now... " He said and raised my chin for me to face him.

" The final contract too will be set in stone. " Was the last words I heard before I completely blacked out.