Chapter 5: Date

Your POV

" Where are you going? You really loved those pair hairpins, huh?" Zhongli said.

" I need to buy medicine at the Bubu Pharmacy." I said in a hurry.

" We shall proceed then." He said and followed me.

After buying the medicine, I handed Zhongli the hairpins." Would you like me to help you with these? " He asked and I nodded.

" Okay, stay still. " He said and I immediately backed away from him.

" Oh, no. Just hold them for me." I told him and he looked curiously at me.

" Can we go to Quince Village? I think I know the owner of these hairpins. " I asked and told him, his eyes widen, he smiled and nodded.

" So you bought the hairpins so you could return them to the owner? " Zhongli asked and I nodded.

" Generosity... As what humans call. " Zhongli said.

" Well, the god of geo itself is unselfish. So why would I be?" I said and he smiled.

As we were walking, " Do you know that you saved me from death when I was just a kid? " I asked Zhongli and he nodded.

" I remembered Ningguang, your sister, selling her wares barefooted to buy your medications. She told me that her younger sister is having a deadly illness and both of your parents left to search for your little brother. " Zhongli told me.

" You knew this entire time. " I said and he nodded.

" Ningguang loves you so much and would do anything just for you, seeing her sincerity, I felt an urge to save you, to grant you the opportunity to live. " He said and I smiled at him. He then cupped my face.

" Now, seeing you doing the same to help others live. I have no regrets for letting you live nor for choosing you. " He said.

" Choosing me? " I asked and I remembered the contract.

" You're special." He said. I just rolled my eyes at him.

" That's what the Fatui said before they took my brother. " I told him," They were also about to take me, but our mother didn't let them since I was ill. So they took my brother instead, he was 5 at that time... " I explained.

" No wonder you hated the Fatui so much. " He said and I nodded.

" I couldn't help but wonder what happened if the Fatui took me instead of him. " I said with a sigh.

" I heard they experiment with children back then... " Zhongli said and I nodded.

" That's what my friend at Mondstadt told me as well... There's actually a kid that survived the experiment, she was taken by the scholars. " I told Zhongli.

" The Fatui wanted to take her back to the facility because she was the culprit behind the death of their 2 diplomats, but we don't want the little kid to suffer. " I told him and he nodded.

" Ah yes, I've heard about that news. I overheard one of the Millelith saying that the Tianquan's sister might get involved with the issue since you were there at the said party. " Zhongli said and I laughed.

" I was indeed at the party, but I was a little drunk and out of my senses... " I said and scratched the back of my head. He then chuckled.

" We're here. " Zhongli said.

" I haven't noticed the time at all... " I said and we both started searching for their home.

" Do you know the owner? " Zhongli asked me.