Chapter 30: Rite of Descension II

Your POV

" Lady (y/n). " A woman called as she rushed inside the room. " I'm sorry to interrupt, but Lady Ningguang wishes to see you now. " She said with a panicked face.

" Ah, damn. I just ran off after what happened. Sorry. " I said and sighed. " Don't worry, I'll be right there. " I told her.

" Excuse us. " I told Zhongli and the others. Zhongli and Childe nodded.

" Will you be there to join us later, (y/n)? " Paimon asked me.

" Uhh— "

" Maybe Zhongli and I will be entertaining the both of you for a while, she's a busy woman when she's at Liyue, right Zhongli? " Childe said cutting me off with a chuckle.

" Actually there's something I wanted to ask for your assistance, Lumine. " Zhongli said.

" Milady. " I heard the woman said, I then looked at her.

" Right. I better take my leave. " I told them.

" Yes, see you later, (y/n). Be careful. " Zhongli said. I smiled and nodded, the woman and I left and went to see Ningguang.

~ Time skip, at the Jade Chamber ~

" Have some tea, milady. " She said and handed me a cup of tea.

" Is she mad? " I asked the woman and took a seat.

" A little, milady. " She answered.

" At me? " I asked again. I then saw Ningguang's figure behind the screen door.

" You can leave now. " Ningguang said.

" Thank you, Lady Ningguang. " The woman said and left me alone. I gently took a sip of tea and took a deep breath.

" Don't worry, I'm not closing your account. " Ningguang said while walking towards me. I sighed in relief.

" I got a letter from the Acting Grandmaster of Mondstadt, saying you almost died... " Ningguang told me with her brows furrowed. I gave her an awkward chuckle and scratched my head.

" Hey, don't worry too much! Rex Lapis came to save me! " I told Ningguang and her eyes widen.

" So it was true... " Ningguang said and sat in front of me, I quickly nodded.

" Rex Lapis went to Mondstadt to save you and on the very next day was assassinated during the Rite of Descension. That blond traveller, is she— "

" No! She's a friend of mine, I was with her during the fight with Stormterror. " I cut Ningguang off.

" But how come she tried escaping from the Millelith? And even that Fatui Harbinger helped her escape. " Ningguang told me and my eyes widen.

" Hmm... So that's how she met Childe... " I told myself and took another sip of my tea.

" Speaking of Childe, last night he barged in at Yanshang Teahouse, I heard the previous owner had an outstanding dept at Northland Bank. " Ningguang told me, she then sighed.

" He killed everyone, including the owner. But he spared the Hostess. " Ningguang continued.

" I also heard he got a Sigil of Permission for doing so. " Ningguang told me.

" What? Is he gonna scare some hilichurls with that and call himself an Adeptus just like that guy at Wangshu Inn? Pathetic. " I said with a laugh.

" That's what you're going to find out. Since you two are 'Friends'. " Ningguang said with a chuckle.

" No we're not. " I told her and she laughed.

" By the way, what happened to the Exuvia? " I asked her.

" We kept it at the Golden House. We all know he's after the Exuvia, better not mention it to anyone. Only the Qixing and Zhongli knows where the Exuvia is. " She told me.

" Zhongli? Why? " I asked her.

' Does she know about it already? ' I thought to myself.

" A Rite of Parting will be held. " She answered.

" Oh... I heard a lot of people saying that the Qixing don't care about Rex Lapis' death, the Qixing this, the Qixing that. " I said and she laughed.

" Don't worry about it. Let other people speak what they think, for that's is all that they can do. " She said with a smirk.

" I want new details by tonight, is that possible? " Ningguang asked me.

" Yeah, sure. No problem. " I told her and she nodded.

" As expected of you. But be more careful. A female harbinger arrived here last night. " She said with a sigh.

" Darn she's quick. " I muttered.

" And don't get mad at what I'm going to tell you. " Ningguang said and stared directly at me.

" I saw her last night with Zhongli at Xinyue Kiosk. " Ningguang said with a chuckle and my eyes widen.

" They probably only had a dinner and a quick chat. Nothing to worry about. " Ningguang said and poked my nose.

" Besides, you're way prettier than her. " She said with a chuckle and stood up.

" We better start working. This situation right now is stressing me, but I'm glad you're back here at Liyue, safe and sound. " She said with a smile, it made me chuckle.

" I miss you too, Ningguang. " I said and she laughed.

~ Time skip, at Wangsheng ~

" Yo! Lady (y/n)! You're back! We have a VIP client for today, wanna guess who~? Fufu. " Hu Tao asked me wrapping her arms around my shoulder with a chuckle.

" Hmm... Rex Lapis? " I asked her and she grin.

" Yahoo! You're correct! But Zhongli and the traveller are handling everything, Zhongli said I'm too boisterous and doing the Rite of Parting should be done harmoniously, since it involves singing to flowers. But I can sing too! " Hu Tao whined.

" So that's his way of saying you're annoying... " I said with a chuckle.

" Now that you mentioned it... It kinda is, yeah! Urggh... That old guy. " Hu Taop said with a sigh and looked at me.

" Your golden dust are everywhere. Hehe, are you going to bury me with that? " Hu Tao asked me I just chuckled at her question.

" Sorry, I haven't noticed it. " I told her and she laughed.

" I'd be honored to be buried by it than regular soil. " She jokingly said.

" You don't want to be cremated? After that, I'll use your ashes instead of this gold dust. " I said with a laugh.

" I'll be honored... But that's a little too dark. One time, I almost got burned by Guoba for scaring Xiangling! I thought I'd gonna be a 'HuTaosted' bread! " She said and I just stared at her for a while.

" Not funny? Hot Toasted bread? Yeah? Aiya, whatever. " Hu Tao said, I then laughed at her, until someone called for her.

" If you're looking for Zhongli, he's somewhere around the Harbor with the traveller. Hehe. " She said and excused herself. I nodded and thanked her, and went out to search for Zhongli.