Chapter 16: To Mondstadt

Zhongli's POV

After dinner, the rain still kept on pouring. " Leggo sleep, Zhongli... " (y/n) said with a yawn. I sat beside her and started to close my eyes until I felt her head rested on my shoulder.

" You must be so tired? " I asked staring at her and she nodded slightly without looking at me and closed her eyes. I gently wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer which she responded back with a cuddle, my eyes widen.

" Sorry, you just smell so good, Zhongli. " She said without opening her eyes and wrapped her arms around my waist.

I felt weird inside. I can't explain what and how I feel. It feels light, so warm, and nice. So satisfying.

~ Timeskip, Morning ~

" Wake up Zhongli! The sun is up and the rain stopped! " I heard (y/n) yelling and tugging my arm. I slowly opened my eyes to see her wide grin.

" Let's go to Mondstadt already! " She said, I chuckled at her because of the clothes of mine that she's still wearing.

" You're really excited. " I said slowly standing up. " So how was your sleep last night? " I asked her.

" Pretty comfy, who knew you're such a great cuddler. " She told me causing my eyes to widen. I then smiled at her.

" T—That's good to hear. " I said and gave her a smile.

" Are we still heading to Dawn Winery or straight to Mondstadt? " I asked her.

" Oh, right. We better see Diluc first I guess. Just to let him know that we're here. " She told me. I nodded with that unexplainable feeling of insecurity.

" What's wrong? Still sleepy? " She asked me and I just chuckled.

" It's nothing. I'm just feeling a little bit odd... " I told her and she looked at me with a concerned look.

" Don't worry, I'm fine. Let's go? " I told her and she sighed and handed me the piece of my clothing I gave her last night.

" Let's go, maybe you're just hungry. " She then said with a chuckle.

~ Timeskip at the Dawn Winery ~

Your POV

Zhongli and I were walking at the vineyard until I saw Connor and Mr. Turner talking.

" Good Morning, Connor, Mr. Turner. " I greeted them.

" Lady (y/n), it's been a while. You're beautiful as always. " Mr. Turner said.

" Aw, you flatter me. " I said with a giggle.

" Master Diluc's on his way to Mondstadt, he's— "

" What are you doing here? " We heard a familiar voice asked, we then saw Diluc heading towards us.

" Diluc! I'm back! " I happily chimed.

" Go back to Liyue, it's not safe here at Mondstadt. " Diluc said and looked at Zhongli.

" She dragged you along didn't she? " Diluc asked Zhongli. I just glared at Diluc.

" No, I voluntarily followed her. " Zhongli told Diluc. Diluc laughed at him.

" That girl, she knows how to make you think you did that to yourself. " Diluc told him.

" Well yeah, because you've been a victim too. " I told Diluc, " Tsk. " he clicked his tongue and glared at me.

" She's just... Irresistible... " Zhongli said, Diluc and I looked weirdly at him.

" W-what are you talking about, Mr. Zhongli? " Diluc asked him, he then looked at me. " What have you done to him? " Diluc asked me, I just shrugged my shoulders.