Chapter 31: Noctilucous Jade

Your POV

I searched everywhere for Zhongli, until I saw him discussing with Lumine and Paimon. I immediately went towards them.

" Lady (y/n)! You're just in time! Zhongli wants to buy all three Noctilucuos Jade! Without even thinking about Mora! " Paimon told me. I just sighed and looked at Zhongli.

" Haha. As I've said, If one must always consider Mora before acting, then in all thing one is bound by Mora. " Zhongli said.

" I still don't get it! " Paimon yelled. " Aww... How are we gonna- "

" We'll have it all. " I told Shitou.

" Yes, Lady (y/n)! Right away. " Shitou said.

" What the- "

" At least I'm not paying. " Lumine said, interrupting Paimon.

" Now all we have to do is add the high temperature using Pyro, and Hydro to reinforce it from within. This way, the Jade will not disintegrate. " Zhongli said.

" Well, guess we just need to find a place to try this out. " Paimon said.

" How about the kitchen at Xiangling's place? " Lumine suggested.

" Wanmin Restaurant? " Paimon asked.

" That would not do. It is a place where people come and go. They would be endangered if the elemental reaction were to get out of control... We cannot take such a risk. " Zhongli told them.

" If I remember correctly there's this huge pot made by hilichurls at Dadaupa Gorge at Mondstadt. " I told them.

" Yeah! Paimon remembers it now! It's real sturdy, and should be able to take the elemental reactions! " Paimon said.

" Let's get going then. " Zhongli said.

As we were walking out of the Harbor, a familiar carriage stopped. " Oh it's Charles and Master Diluc! " Paimon chimed.

" Where are you all off to? " Diluc asked us.

" To Mondstadt, at Dadaupa Gorge. " I told him.

" Hope in. Charles and I are also heading back to Mondstadt. We got a lot of costumers, so we're running pretty late. " Diluc told us.

" Thank you for letting us join you, Diluc. " Zhongli told him.

" No problem. Besides, I have to discuss something important with (y/n) alone. " Diluc said, I then looked dumbfoundedly at him. Zhongli's eyebrows furrowed.

" I see... " Zhongli said.

When we arrived at Mondstadt, Diluc told me to stay with him at the Winery, while Charles escorted Zhongli, Lumine and Paimon to the Gorge.

" What is it that you wish discuss about, Diluc? " I asked him.

" Something happened last night... " He said and my eyes widen.

" Wh-what? What happened last night? What do you mean? " I asked him, he then sighed.

" We kissed. " Diluc said with seriousness on his face and tone, I just stared blankly at him.

" No, I'm just kidding. " He said and took a deep breath. " The bard was attacked last night, his Gnosis was taken away from him by none other than, Signora. " Diluc said and my eyes widen.

" H-how is he? Where is he now? " I asked Diluc with concern.

" I have no idea. Lumine and Paimon haven't informed you? They were present during the incident. " Diluc asked.

" No... " I answered.

" Elzer saw her at Liyue last night as well. Maybe that was after she took Barbatos' Gnosis. " Diluc told me.

" The Fatui might be the ones who assassinated Rex Lapis. They're probably after the Gnosis.

" Ningguang actually saw her together with Zhongli. And Zhongli knows where the Exuvia is... They might be using Zhongli to- " I paused and my eyes widen, when I realize... Zhongli is Rex Lapis, and he's alive.

" To? Ah, I get it. To get to the Exuvia and take the Gnosis? " Diluc said, I just nodded.

" Might be, probably. Knowing the Fatui. They're scums. " Diluc said.

' Does Signora knows Zhongli is Rex Lapis? Is that why she's trying to get close to him? ' I thought.

" Urgg... What's taking them so long? Adelinde? Are there other horses available? " Diluc asked her.

' Is Zhongli-? No, he knows what he's doing. ' I thought.

" We're going to the Gorge, (y/n). We cannot afford to wait till evening, were still heading back to Liyue, Charles and I need to bring another batch of wine for tomorrow. " Diluc told me.

~ Time skip, At Dadaupa Gorge ~

" Are they cooking rocks? It'll take months- no, years up to never for it to be edible. " Diluc told me. I just laughed at Diluc. We both went to where the others are and look at what they're doing.

" That's the shiniest one! Is that okay Mr. Zhongli? " We heard Paimon asked while pointing at the Jade.

" Oh? Yes, the shiniest one indeed. " Zhongli said while looking at me.

" Hey, I'm not boiled on the pot together with those Jades. " I told Zhongli and he chuckled.

" Do you wanna go and boil yourself in there? " He asked with a chuckle.

" So what? You'd cook and eat me? " I said with a laugh. Zhongli then chuckled and lean over to my ear.

" I'd eat you every day and night if the gods permits. " Zhongli whispered, causing my eyes to widen. He leaned away and chuckle.

" Now that we've made our choice, we must go, for it is already getting dark. " Zhongli said with an innocent smile.

" I'll just pretend I didn't heard that. " Diluc told me.

" Y-you heard that?! " I asked him.

" No, I haven't. " Diluc answered.

~ Time skip, at Liyue ~

" Zhongli? What's a Sigil of Permission? " I asked him.

" Hmm... They were once created by Rex Lapis and is infused with adeptal power. During the Archon War, such talismans were used by mortals to channel divine power. It also allows you to safety enter an abode of an Adeptus. " Zhongli explained.

" I see... I get it now. Thank you. " I told Zhongli with a smile.

~ Time skip, at the Jade Chamber ~

" Hmm... Channel divine powers. A vision isn't enough for them. " Ningguang said with a sigh.

" I heard the Fatui has a Research Facility here in Liyue. If you're bored- "

" Don't worry, I'll be locating that Facility. " I told her, she chuckled.