Chapter 13: Ningguang

Your POV

" An underground arena? " Ningguang asked me. " I never heard of that before... " She continued.

" Even though you're rich? " I asked her with a laugh.

" Yes, even though I'm rich. " Ningguang said and laughed as well.

" They're probably not inviting us to such events because they knew... " She said and I nodded.

" Diluc actually wanted me to go with him if ever he visits Snezhnaya. I heard he has a tavern- "

" You are never going there! You understand!? " Ningguang raised her voice at me.

" I cannot let you enter the enemy's base, especially when that Doctor is after you. " She said with her eyebrows furrowed.

" I cannot lose another sibling because of the Fatui. I won't let that happened. " Ningguang said and stared at me. She then sighed and cupped my face.

" Since our parents left us, it's just been the both of us. I might not be able to forgive myself if something bad happens to you. " She said and hugged me. I hugged her back.

" Don't worry... I'll be more careful. " I told her with a smile, she sighed and just caressed my cheek.

Ningguang's POV

" Lady Ningguang, we received updates about the Fatui, it is said that they got new recruits and they already have entered the border. " One of the secretaries said.

" Tell the Milleliths to keep an eye on them, and also deploy some of the new recruits in order to patrol the area, even the villages if possible. " I told them.

" Yes, Ma'am. " They said and started working again.

" You may leave now, (y/n). " I told (y/n) and she nodded.

" Remember, be careful. " I said with a concerned look on my face, she then smiled and nodded at me again.

" I will... Don't worry. " she said with a chuckle and left.

~ Flashback ~

As a kid she suffered a lot because of her illness, she became pretty weak, bedridden, and even isolated because none know of what her illness is. At the age of 7, while I was at the age of 11, our parents decided to hand our 5-year-old brother away to the Fatui, in exchange for mora and a free consultation with that Doctor, Il Dottore.

" Such a wonderful little girl. So special. May I take her with me? " He asked our parents.

" But it's the boy that you wanted, right? " Our father asked.

" Hmm. You can say that, but this girl is special as well and I might be able to monitor her— "

" No, Dr. Baizhu will be the one taking care of her. " I cut him off. Il Dottore gave me a death stare. From that point on, I knew I could never trust a guy like him.

" I'm not really sure about that, Doctor... (y/n) wouldn't want to be away— "

" Hehehe, I am her only hope left. " He cut our mother off and gave us a creepy smile.

" Dr. Baizhu's medicines are effective in reducing her symptoms, Doctor. I think it would be rather best for her if she stays with us... " Our mother said. He sighed in frustration and looked at (y/n) who's sleeping peacefully until Dr. Baizhu arrived.

" Guess I'll be taking the little boy now, but I'll be back for the girl. " He said and left.

Days, weeks, and months passed. Our parents became blinded by mora, (y/n)'s condition worsened. Our little brother never returned, nor did our parents care. Dr. Baizhu said (y/n) needs a higher dose of her medicine, thus leading to a higher cost of mora as well. Without the reassurance that (y/n) may be able to make it out alive.

I haven't told her the truth up until now, but our parents never left to search for our brother. They left because of the mora, they gave (y/n) up as well. They wanted to keep the mora by themselves and live a life without the burden of having a useless bedridden child. But (y/n) never gave up, I never gave up. Seeing (y/n) fighting for her life, I walk barefoot from Yaoguang Shoal to the south wharf, trying to sell my wares just to buy her medicine to support her.

Thanks to Dr. Baizhu's help and expertise, (y/n) was able to reach 2 years and the God of geo, Rex Lapis blessed her with a Vision and it cured her completely. She became stronger and she was now able to go out with me and help me sell my wares. Il Dottore came back after hearing (y/n)'s full recovery, but he was disappointed to see (y/n) having a Vision.

" Indeed so special. Get stronger, learn how to control and hone your powers. Till we meet again. " Was his last words to (y/n).

She's indeed special, as I only got my vision by accident.

" Look at this, Sis! " (y/n) showed me a Vision.

" Hmm... It's not glowing. " I told her and she sighed.

" Yeah... The previous owner died... and his son wasn't able to reawaken it. So, he traded it to me for 50 million mora. " (y/n) said and my eyes widen.

My first subconscious thought upon seeing such an object 'oh, look, a new business opportunity.'

" We can put this up for sale, and it will surely have the rich shelling out for it. And if they can't resonate with it, why, they'll just use it to keep up appearances. A sound calls either way... " I told (y/n) and she nodded.

I immediately began writing the plans for the auction with my smile widening at the thought about the riches to be gain. (y/n) then handed me the Vision and at that moment, the Vision shone forth its light. My smile immediately froze as the Vision activated.

(y/n) and our attendants, coming upon the sight of me being able to awaken the Vision in hand, began to congratulate me on having obtained a priceless treasure worth 50 million mora.

" Sis! Congratulation! You also have a Vision! " (y/n) Happily yelled and hugged me. I started to feel annoyed.

" What's there to be happy about? Once broken, considered sold! " I yelled glaring at the Vision, but they just ignored me.

" 50 million mora! Gone! Just like that! " I yelled in frustration while they kept on celebrating.

~ End of Flashback ~