Chapter 37: Big Brother

Your POV

" Are you a god? " Dainsleif asked, and I took my hand off his eyes as the dust slowly settled, he started looking at the surrounding with his eyes widen.

" No. " I said and looked at him.

" These dust... They looked like fireflies... But finer... It's pretty... and soothing..." He said and looked at me.

" Well your eyes are pretty too, but I know a god who has the prettiest eyes. " I told him with a chuckle.

" Uh... A god huh? A word of advice: Always be on your guard when around gods. " He said.

" What do you mean? " I asked him, raising an eyebrow at him.

" You shouldn't place too much trust in them. But at the same time, don't go too far in the opposite direction... Don't go trying to overthrow them, or hunt them down. Even if the god in question is your sworn enemy. "  He continued.

" B-but what if... That god in question... Is instead a lover? " I asked, his eyes widen and his jaw dropped.

" A...— A what!? " Dainsleif asked.

" Nothing! I'm just kidding. " I said with a laugh.

" Lady (y/n)! We saw what you did! "

" Are you hurt, Milady? "

" Are these things still moving? "

" Please proceed with caution Lady (y/n)! "

I heard the Millelith saying as they were on their way towards me and Dainsleif.

" I see... So your name is (y/n). " Dainsleif said. " Well, I'll see you around (y/n). I think I'll better leave now. " He said.

" Yes, I think you should before the Millelith catches you for trespassing. See you around Dain. " I replied and he nodded and hurriedly left.

" Don't let the guy escape! "

" Let him be. He was the one who saved me anyway. " I told the Millelith and their eyes widen.

" Please send reports to Ningguang if you may. But never ever mention anything about him. " I told them.

" Yes, Ma'am! " They all said in unison and left the area.

His eyes were the same as Kaeya... If I remember what Diluc told me before... There's no doubt that Dainsleif is probably from Khaenri'ah.

" His arm... Or probably even half of his entire being is slowly being taken away, although I'm quite impressed he made it this far. " I muttered to myself.

~ Time skip, back at Pearl Galley ~

" I've been waiting for you. " Zhongli said with a warm smile.

" Zhongli... Why not rest a bit? " I told him and he chuckled.

" I should be the one telling you that. But why not do it together. " He suggested. I nodded and rested my head on his chest.

" Yeah... I am a little bit tired. " I told him.

' Even though that move used to drain all of my strength... Was it because of that? ' I thought.

" Allow me to share a part of me to you. " Zhongli's words echoed inside my mind. But what Dainsleif said..." You shouldn't place too much trust in them. But at the same time, don't go too far in the opposite direction..."

' What do you mean by that, Dainsleif? ' I asked myself.

~ Time skip, morning ~

Zhongli immediately went to Wangsheng to see Hu Tao as I quickly went to the Jade Chamber to see Ningguang.