Chapter 4: Vision

Your POV

' A god wants me to help him be as human. Why me Rex Lapis?' I asked myself as I lay my head back on the bed.

~ Flashback ~

I was ill, weak, and broken when I was still a child. Our parents went on searching for our little brother, which was said to be' recruited ' by the Fatui.

Ningguang and I used to be dumbfounded about everything that was happening back then. Now it's been 13 years, and our parents still haven't returned.

At the age of 7, I got an illness that almost took my life. Ningguang used to walk barefoot from Yaoguang Shoal to the south wharf, trying to sell her wares just to buy my medicine.

I thought I wasn't able to live long, until the God of geo, Rex Lapis blessed me with a Vision at the age of 9... and it eventually saved me from my approaching death.

My body became stronger, I was now able to go out with my sister and help her sell her wares. Until years later she was also blessed with a Vision.

Visions are gifts bestowed upon humans whom the gods recognize. They grant the user elemental abilities based on the element of their given Vision. It is said that those with Visions have a chance of ascending to Celestia and attain godhood themselves.

These objects take the form of glowing crystal orbs, with the respective element's symbol in the center. To current knowledge, Visions cannot be destroyed and after a person's passing, their Vision will become an inactive trinket. An inactive Vision will lose its color.

Diluc told me that the Fatui has manufactured counterfeit Visions called 'Delusions'. They have power beyond those granted by a Vision and do not require its user to be "chosen," but also have a chance of backfiring, corrupting the user. Notably, it backfired on his father, Crepus, who had no Vision. But it had no known side effects when wielded by the Vision-blessed, Diluc.

Ningguang told me before that if a Vision-blessed user also has Delusion, his or her power will drastically increase.

All of the Fatui Harbingers have this... Including the one that Zhongli calls 'Childe'.

~ Timeskip, the next day ~

" Good Morning." I heard Zhongli say as he drew the curtains and I immediately flinched because of the light hitting my face. It finally stopped raining and I can already hear the birds chirping.

When our eyes met I immediately remembered what happened last night, and I couldn't help but blush at the thought of it.

" Breakfast is ready! Hurry up you two!" We heard the Fatui Harbinger yelling downstairs.

" Why is he still here? Where am I by the way?" I asked him and he chuckled.

" He's... An associate with the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. We're currently at Liyue Pavillion. " He said and my eyes widen.

" Isn't this place too expensive?" I asked him and he nodded.

" Well mora can be earned easily, but trust and respect-"

" It was me who booked the place, no need to worry about it. " Childe said cutting Zhongli off.

" But why book an expensive place such as this? " I asked them both.

" Wangshen's line of work can be a little sensitive at times. Let's just say they understand when discretion is needed. " Childe said and I looked at Zhongli.

" And we, the Fatui, have always been glad to do business with friends who walk in the shadows. " Childe said and my eyes widen.

' Is this what Ningguang's been telling me?' I thought to myself.