Chapter 26: For you

Your POV

" Don't worry, I'm sure your brother's fine. " Zhongli said with a reassuring smile. I sadly smiled back at him and went to pick the key off the ground, yet I accidentally dropped it. I noticed my hands shaking uncontrollably.

' Am I scared? Angry? Confused? ' I thought until I felt Zhongli held my hand. I stared directly into his eyes, he looked at me so lovingly still wearing that smile on his face.

" As long as I'm here, nothing's gonna harm you. " He said taking the key off the ground and placed it on my palm.

" We didn't manage to find the key. " We heard Paimon said upon entering the room.

" Don't worry, (y/n) has it. " Zhongli told them with a chuckle. Lumine and Paimon sighed in relief.

" We better get going then, before we get ourselves into trouble. " Diluc said and we all followed him.

He led us into a room, " This must be the room, according to my intel. The key please. " Diluc said, I handed him the key and the door finally opened and we saw the Holy Lyre.

" Finally! The Holy Lyre! " Paimon happily said and went for it. The door suddenly shut close, locking us all inside.

" It's a trap... " I muttered, spreading dust all over the place, revealing a strange figure.

" Oh you're back and you can see me. Even the Darknight Hero is here, and you two even brought a gang. " A voice said, with an evil chuckle.

" Signora is not going to tolerate this kind of interference in our affairs. So I'll be the one to take care of you, save her the trouble of having to deal with all of you herself. " He said showing himself to us.

" A Fatui Agent. " Diluc said and stood beside me with his guarding stance. Lumine took her sword, ready to fight.

" No, not only that. " I said glancing behind us. " I guess you also brought a squad with you, good sir. " I told the Fatui Agent, he then laughed and some of the other agents showed themselves.

" Five Fatui Agents?! " Paimon yelped in shock and hid behind Lumine's back.

" Master Il Dottore will be so happy to see you again. "

" Time to go back to your prison cell, Darknight Hero. "

" Two Harbingers will be thanking us after this. "

They all said with a laugh, they then attacked us simultaneously. But before their blows landed, Zhongli stood in front of us and created a shield to protect us all.

The agents became confused and started attacking the barrier Zhongli created attempting on breaking it. I immediately summoned a huge amount of dust, creating a wave to knock them back. The dust started to drag them beneath, holding them down without a fight.

" What the- It's eating me! "

" Is this quicksand? "

" She's gonna bury us alive! "

They all said in panic and started struggling. " Hurry get the Holy Lyre! " Diluc told Lumine and Paimon. They both went out of Zhongli's barrier to take the Holy Lyre.

" Finally, the lyre is back in safe hands! " Paimon chimed as they took the Holy Lyre with them and the door finally opened.

" Signora is going to end you! The songs bards sing of your demise will be so terrifying - the people of Mondstadt will never sleep again for the nightmares they give them! " One of the agents said.

" How about I put you all to sleep then? " I told him. He gulped and just glared at me.

" Let's go. " Zhongli said and placed his hand on my shoulder. I glared back at the agent and kicked dust on his face causing him to cough and curse at me. We hurriedly left the hideout together with the Holy Lyre.