Chapter 34: Mr. Cyclops

Your POV

" Milady, I'm so sorry to interrupt. But Lady Ningguang wishes to see you. " I heard one of Ningguang's secretary told me. I sighed and just stared at her.

" This is important, Lady (y/n). " She continued. I then turned my head to Zhongli.

" ... Let's talk later. I just wish you're thinking through that dealings of yours carefully, Zhongli. You know I care about you. " I told him, he then smiled and nodded. I was about to leave when he gently took my hand. I turned around and looked confusingly at him.

" Don't worry. I'm doing this for us. " He said, now holding my hand with both of his palms and looked straight into my eyes.

" W-what do you mean? " I asked him.

" For now, only time can tell (y/n). But now's not the time for that. Worry not, you will know what I mean eventually. " Zhongli told me and placed my hand on his chest, I can see a faint glow on his chest.

" Zhongli! (y/n)! Let's go to Third-Round Knockout! Mr. Zhongli said he'll be treating us for dinner! " Paimon happily said. I chuckled.

" Really? But I guess I have to pass... I have something important to do. Maybe next time, if there's next time... Be sure to enjoy yourselves according to Zhongli's budget. " I told them with a laugh.

" Aww... You ain't going? What's more important than Zhongli treating us for dinner?  " Paimon asked.

" She needs to see Lady Ningguang right now. " Zhongli told them and I nodded.

" Well, I better get going. " I told them. Zhongli nodded and let my hand go. I started walking with Ningguang's secretary.

" Now we're limited to Mr. Zhongli's budget. Paimon's not on a diet you know! " I can hear Paimon whining and Zhongli's chuckle at her comment. I turned around to watch them.

" Surely this will be enough. " Zhongli said and showed a bag of mora. I just laughed at them and continued to walk away.

~ Time skip, at the Jade Chamber ~

" Sister, you called? " I asked her, she then took a deep sigh.

" At last, you're here. I received a couple of reports stating Ruin Guards are being active lately at a ruin near Lingju Pass. I've already sent some Milleliths to guard the area to avoid trespassers. But... the Ruin Guards are causing too much trouble to them. " Ningguang said and massage her temples. I just chuckled at her.

" Don't worry, I'll handle it. Don't stress yourself too much. " I said patting her shoulders. She chuckled and sighed.

" And as always, just be careful. " She said, I nodded and left.

~ Time skip, at Lingju Pass ~

Upon arriving at the area, I immediately saw a Ruin Guard footprint. " Lady (y/n)! You shouldn't be here! It's too dangerous! " A Milleliths guard warned me.

" Oh, don't worry. Ningguang sent me. " I told him.

" L-Lady Ningguang?! We are indeed expecting some reinforcements, b-but we never expected it was you, Milady! " He said, I just chuckled.

" Mind if you scout this area and warn passerby? I'll be following these trail of footprints. " I told him.

" Yes, Milady. While the Millelith stands guard! Evil shall never prevail! " I smiled and nodded at him. I started following the footprints and it lead me to an inactive Ruin Guard.

" Wow! A really huge Mr. Cyclops! " I heard a kid said. My eyes widen and I frantically searched for where the voice was coming from.

' Impossible. I thought the Milleliths are guarding the area. ' I thought.

" Woah! It's moving! " I heard the kid again. I saw a Ruin Guard standing up ahead, I immediately ran towards it with a spear made of golden dust slowly forming from my hand. The Ruin Guard turned it's head towards me, exposing its eye.

Using the spear as a pole, I leaped high enough to reach its weak point, I then held tightly on the spear and stabbed its eye, I pushed my spear deeper until it pierced throughout its back.

The Ruin Guard immediately collapsed on the ground with me above it, I looked at the kid, he was starring at me with his mouth open. I jumped away from the Ruin Guard and went to the kid.

" Y-you broke it! " I yelled at me. I just raised an eyebrow at him. My spear that's still pierced on the Ruin Guard then burst into golden dust.

" Wow! Golden glitters! " The kid said in awe with his eyes widen. " So that's why you did that! My brother never told me it could do that if you poke his eye! " The kid told me, I just starred at him, confused.

" What are you doing here kid? And how did you get here? " I asked him, judging by his clothing. He's probably from Snezhnaya.

" I'm looking for my brother! He's a toy seller! He works at the Institute for Toy Research in Liyue! Well... This is Liyue, right? " He asked me.

" Yeah... You're at Liyue... But I never heard of that Institute before... " I told him.

" Aww... Will you at least help me find my brother? He knows you a lot! He sent us a letter at home, describing you! " The kid said and I just laughed at him.

" What? He knows me? " I asked the kid and he happily nodded.

" You're Lady (y/n), right? " The kid asked and my eyes widen.

' Oh sht, don't tell me— ' I thought.

" Wh-what, I mean how did your described me? " I asked him.

" He told us that you're kind, pretty, smart and an older sister not to mess with. " He said I just sighed.

" Even though you're most of the time being rude towards him you can also be sweet and has a soft heart! " The kid continued.

" Okay, okay. That's enough. I think I know who your brother is and where to find him. " I told the kid and he chuckled.

" What's your name? " I asked the kid.

" Teucer! " He happily answered and handed me a pouch.

" What is this? " I asked him.

" My brother told me to always take it with me, and hand it over to someone to take care of me. " Teucer said and I laughed so hard.

" Keep it, I have a lots of it. " I told with a chuckle, Teucer then took my hand.

" You make a pinkie promise, you keep it all your life. You break a pinkie promise, I throw you on the ice. The cold will kill the pinkie that once betrayed your friend, the frost will freeze your tongue off so you never lie again. " He said intertwining our pinky fingers together. I chuckled at him.

" There's actually no need for you to throw me on the ice and wish for the frost to freeze my tongue off since I'll be bringing you to your brother. " I told him with a laugh.

' I never knew Snezhnayan kids are this brutal... ' I thought to myself.