Chapter 28: A kiss of the wind

Your POV

I heard a ferocious loud roar and saw Dvalin heading on his way towards my direction, before he could even reach me I felt something holding my body and snatched me away. I turned my gaze to see the one who caught me, my eyes widen when I recognized him.

Venti's POV

As my eyes opened I saw the clear skies, until my eyes widen at a familiar figure hovering right above us as I felt the blow of wind touching my skin.

" Uhh? Morax? " I mumbled to myself as I saw him gently placing (y/n) on Dvalin's back to join us. I slowly sat up and saw Diluc immediately stood up to embrace her.

" I was so worried... I will never forgive myself if something were to happen to you. " Diluc told her while still hugging her so tightly.

" That thing... Is that..? " I heard Jean mumble as she fixes her eyes at Morax flying away at the opposite direction.

" Lady (y/n)! You never told us you also have a pet dragon like Tone-deaf Bard over here! " Paimon chimed in awe as they all looked at the figure slowly fading away from the clouds. (y/n) just chuckled at Paimon's reaction and gently pats Diluc's back as she hugs him back and slowly pulls away.

" Well, you are my emergency food after all. " Lumine said with a chuckle.

" Hey! Paimon is not emergency food! " Paimon angrily told her.

" Thank the Seven your safe. " Diluc said with a sigh of relief. I can't help but chuckle.

" It's actually one of the Seven that saved her. What you guys saw earlier is the Geo Archon, Rex Lapis. " I told them and their eyes widen. (y/n) just nodded.

" ... So the Geo Archon is (y/n)'s pet?  " Paimon asked. We all sighed at Paimon's question, even Dvalin.

" How do I put this? It's like they have a strong relationship with each other, just like me and Dvalin. " I told Paimon, she then turned her attention to Diluc.

" Is Relationship and Friendship different? " Paimon asked. " Depends on what you think. " I replied.

" Aww... Poor Master Diluc. Chances are Lady (y/n)'s gonna end up marrying a god than— "

" Ahem. " (y/n) cut her off by clearing her throat. Diluc just sighed and crossed his arms. Jean and Lumine just chuckled.

' You may be right Paimon. ' I thought to myself.

" Oh right, you have Mr. Zhongli. I'm just kidding. Ehe. " Paimon continued and stick her tongue out.

" It's been a while since we flew like this together, huh, Dvalin? " I asked him and caressed his back.

" Just now... Why... Why did you not ask me to protect you like the last time? " He asked.

" Me not wanting you to listen to the Abyss Order doesn't mean that you have to listen to me. Freedom, if demanded of you by an archon, is really no freedom at all. " I told him, and gave him a portion of my power.

" Is this... the power of the Anemo Archon? But I am no longer part of the Four Winds. " Dvalin told me.

" Even if that's so, you still protected us regardless. Now, spread your wings of freedom and go with my blessing. " I replied to him, I glanced at (y/n) who's enjoying the view. I sat next to her, she looked at me and gave me a warm smile.

" And as for you... May your dust be carried by the winds of freedom. " I told her and planted a kiss on her forehead, giving her a portion of my powers together with my blessings. I pulled away and chuckle at her reaction, she became stunned and her face turned red.

" Hey bard, what do you think you're doing? " Diluc asked me with a glare. I smiled at him.

" What? At least I didn't poured grape juice inside her mouth using my own lips. Ehe. " I told them. (y/n) immediately became pale. Diluc's eyes widen and he started blushing.

" W-What? " Jean, Lumine and Paimon asked in unison.

" Oops, did I said that out loud? Well, at least Zhongli isn't here. Don't worry Master Diluc, your secret is safe with me. " I told him. (y/n) just covered her entire face. Diluc was about to grab me but I swiftly dodge him.

" You little bard! Come back here! " Diluc yelled at me.

" Oops, time for me to go! Buh-bye! " I said and jumped off Dvalin's back to escape.

Your POV

" Master Diluc... " Jean said with a hint of disappointment on her tone.

" Wow. I know Master Diluc likes Lady (y/n) but I didn't expect he would— "

" That was a long time ago! She didn't even met Zhongli at that time... " Diluc responded.

" That was pretty hot actually. " Lumine said, and we all stared blankly at her.

" Don't look at me like that, it's not like I was the one who did it. " Lumine said, Diluc and I just looked at each other with embarrassment.

" O-okay... For the well-being of everyone, I suggest that we all forget about it and move on. " Jean said, Diluc and I quickly nodded our heads. Lumine and Paimon just smirked at each other. Minutes later we landed safely at Mondstadt.

~ Time skip, the next day ~

I heard the door creaked open and saw Diluc's reflection on the mirror. " Good Morning, Diluc. " I greeted him while fixing my hair and dress.

" Good Morning, (y/n). Ready to go back home? " Diluc asked me as he looked at me at the mirror.

" Only when I'm pretty enough. " I told him with a chuckle.

" I kinda wish you weren't pretty enough so you'd stay here with me at the Winery. But, then again we both have our own obligations in our own nations. " Diluc said and sighed.

" Don't worry, I'll visit you at your Tavern at Liyue. By the way, today is the Rite of Descension. Wanna go with me? " I asked him.

" Sadly, I'm only going to escort you back home, as promised... I still have a lot to do at the Tavern, especially Charles left to escort Zhongli back to Liyue together with Elzer. I'll just deal with my business here at Mondstadt first, before I deal with my business at Liyue. " Diluc said.

" Hmm... it's actually fine, you don't need to escort me back— "

" No, what matters the most is your safety. Don't worry travelling with a horse is no hassle. " Diluc told me cutting me off, I then smiled at him.

" Well, you became the youngest Cavalry Captain of the Knights after all. " I teasingly told him. He sighed and just glared at me.

" That was a long time ago, (y/n). I'm just your personal escort for today. " He said heading out towards the door. " Meet me outside when you're ready, we don't want you getting late. " He said and left the room.