29

Me and Star hug for quite some time- I really missed her.

When we finally break our hug Jax rests his hands on my torso and she has a puzzled look on her face that I can't quite figure out until she speaks up.

"So this is why you wanted her to go here?", Star raises an eyebrow.

Wait, what?

"I wanted her to come here to find people with her lifestyle, I was only 99% sure she'd match with me.", Jax grins.

He's the one who convinced my sister to let me come here?

I think I might love him.

I hear a scream and turn to see Lana hugging a tall male figure.

It can't be her dad, Lana told me her parents basically hate her.

"Jessie!", she smiles widely.

Jessie? I think she mentioned that name over the summer.

"Hi.", Adrien says shaking Jessie's hand. "I'm Adrien."

"Oh, this is the Adrien you've been telling me about.", Jessie says and Lana's cheeks turn red. "And you must be Iris."

I just nod- I have no clue who this dude is.

"I'm Lana's older brother.", he chuckles.

Oh! That Jessie!

"Nice to meet you.", I smile back.

We all go get something to eat and sit at a table in the food court.

I tell Star how much I like it here, and how I'm really thankful she saved me.

But she tells me something even more exciting.

She reveals her hand for me to see.

There's a huge diamond ring on her finger.

"Reece proposed!", she yells for all of the dining hall to hear.

"Seriously?", I say stunned. "I'm so happy for you!"

I have no idea why I'm so shocked, they've been dating for like eight years now.

"That's not the only news.", she sighs before unzipping her oversized hoodie to reveal a baby bump. "I'm pregnant."

My brain can't take all of this at once!

I get to be maid of honor and an aunt!

"That's amazing!", I state in awe. "Have you told mom or dad yet? Or Jeremy or Anna Lee?"

"Nope.", she smiles. "You're the first person to know."

The thought of being her go-to person makes me happy.

"Wait a second- is Reece only marrying you because he knocked you up?", I question bluntly.

"What? No.", she laughs. "I just told him a few nights ago- I wouldn't have been able to hide the baby bump any longer. He proposed a little while after we dropped you off here, but I didn't want to deliver the news over the phone."

"Well now that you've told me- you should tell the rest of the family.", I say rubbing her stomach.

"No- well I mean I don't know if I want them to know.", she sighs.

"You have to tell them. Th- this baby is blood.", I stutter.

"Iris.", she frowns. "They may be blood, but this baby isn't their family. I want him or her to grow up with a better life- one without them."

I knew her relationship with my parents was bad but I never expected her to cut them out of her life completely.

"Why do you even care?", she asks me. "They basically kicked you out. They were emotionally abusive to you."

"I just think that family is family.", I tell her.

"Not all blood makes you family, Iris.", she says. "And not all family has to be blood."