46

*Longest chapter I've written in this entire book*

I form my lips into a line as he leads me up a long white staircase and into the ballroom that was too beautiful to be hidden in a small vacation town like this.

I look all around at the building covered from top to bottom in a beautiful gold material, the floors were the fanciest hardwood I had ever seen, and the ceilings had a beautiful pattern on them that I just couldn't stop staring at.

How did they paint that all the way up there?

"Are you hungry?", Jax asks which snaps me out of my haze.

"Uh, yeah a little.", I respond.

"Okay. I'll go get you something.", he nods before beginning to walk towards a large buffet of food that I hadn't even noticed.

"Wait you don't even know what I want.", I raise a brow.

"Yeah I do.", he says more to himself than me.

I stare at his all black suit, chuckling a bit to myself about how he never wears color unless he has to.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I quickly turn around to see Star and Reece here.

She's wearing a frilly light blue dress because I guess none of the others could fit over her pregnancy belly.

It is cute though.

Looks like something that would've been hand-sewn for Cinderella.

"Hey.", I smile before hugging her and then wave to Reece. "You look really pretty."

"So do you.", she says looking up and down at my red dress. "That must've cost a fortune."

"Yeah, Jax got it for me.", I reply. "It's so weird to think how I've gone from making my own cheap dresses with crappy materials to wearing something like this."

"Well you deserve it.", she nods. "Mom and dad never spent money on you once you were old enough to get a job, which wasn't fair considering we were an upper middle class family living somewhere where you couldn't get a job even if you wanted to."

"Let's not talk about them tonight.", I huff trying to clear my mind. "I've been through enough today and thinking about them doesn't help. I just want to have fun."

"Okay.", Star agrees. "Well I have a lighter topic we can discuss."

"What?", I raise a brow.

"We picked a baby name.", she smiles.

"Seriously?", I question in awe. "What is it?"

She opens her mouth to begin speaking but I feel a hand on my shoulder and she stops.

I turn to see Jax standing there with a plate of food.

"Give me a second.", I say to him. "Star was about to tell me her baby's name."

"I'll tell you later.", she shakes her head. "Go eat. Put some meat on those bones."

I chuckle at her word choice and make my way to a circular table in the corner before sitting down.

I look at the plate Jax got for me, on it is: chicken tenders, mac and cheese, french fries, and even a slice of pizza.

"Did I get your order right?", he grins cockily.

"Maybe.", I reply in a teasing voice before practically inhaling my food.

After I finish devouring my meal, I wipe my face with a napkin and check to make sure I didn't get anything on this dress.

I stare off at the dance floor before spotting Lana and Adrien.

Lana is in a rose gold dress and is wearing her hair in her natural waves.

She looks so pretty.

Adrien is wearing a black and white tux with a rose gold handkerchief so they can match.

They were dancing so in sync with each other, with such intricate and elegant moves it seemed like they rehearsed this millions of times, but I know that they haven't- and that's what made it all the more beautiful.

They were gaining everyone's attention, but their eyes never looked away from each other.

I hate to sound like a mom but, I am so proud of her.

"Cmon.", Jax says before extending his hand out to me.

"What?", I question confused.

"Dance with me.", he breathes.

"You really think I want to dance with you after today?", I raise a brow, partially kidding, I just wanted to see how far I could push.

"That's enough, Iris.", he states. "I told you what you wanted to know. I ruined your surprise for you. I got us a limo. I'm even willing to dance with you right now and I have no idea why because I hate dancing-"

"Call me flower.", I smile.

His flustered face turns into a happy one and we walk onto the dance floor, next to Lana and Adrien who have been too into each other to even notice we're here.

I put my hands on Jax' shoulders, while he puts his on my waist.

We sway a bit to the classical music coming from an orchestra I didn't even notice until now.

His hand grabs mine as he spins me away from him and pulls me back closer.

We stop dancing for a second, he looks into my eyes and I stare into his hazel ones. The same eyes I met that day in the ice cream shop, the same eyes that stare into mine as if when they look away the world will come crashing down.

For a moment, just a moment, it feels like time doesn't exist and him and I are the only two people on this earth. I've never felt this feeling before, but deep in my heart I just knew what it was, and I had to say it. Three words, eight letters, how hard could it be?

"I love you."

But he beat me to it.