44

Jax POV

"I'm so sorry, Iris.", I say to her practically pleading for her forgiveness.

Who would've thought? Jackson Eli 'the guy who lets his demons control him'-would ever beg for anything from anyone.

"Tell me what you told Lana.", she huffs.

"Are you sure you want to know?", I question. "It could ruin the surprise."

She raises her eyebrows before crossing her arms over her stomach signaling she couldn't give two fucks wether or not a surprise is spoiled.

"Okay."

~previous night~

Eve asked me to meet her in the hallway, I was hesitant but I decided to go anyway.

She just gives me an apology, and even though I knew deep down that it was genuine, I didn't want to forgive her.

I turn to walk away.

"Wait!", she yells. "How can I make it up to you? I'll do anything."

Is she seriously this desperate?

"Anything?", a smirk appears on my face.

Well- Adrien did want me to get along with her.

"You're rich.", I start. "And from what I remember when we were dating- you have multiple connections."

"Yeah?", she raises a brow not sure where I'm going with this.

"Well..", I continue. "I was wondering if you knew anyone royal?"

"Royal?", she furrows her brows. "Like actual royalty?"

"Mhm.", I nod.

"Hmm- I don't know- well- it depends on what you'd want from so called royalty.", she responds hesitantly.

"Do you know want to make it up to me or not?", I huff.

"Of course.", she quickly replies. "I'll call Isabelle."

"Isabelle?", I mutter surprised. "The Isabelle?"

"Well not Isabelle the guidance counselor.", she responds sarcastically.

"Haha very funny.", I roll my eyes. "Thanks."

I didn't expect her to actually say yes, I get so excited that I hug her in the heat of the moment.

~present day~

"So you hugged her because she said she'd call someone named Isabelle?", Iris asks confused.

"Yeah.", I tuck my hands in my back pockets. "I uh.. I wanted you to meet her for your birthday."

She looks at me with a blank face as if she doesn't believe me.

"None of this makes any sense, Jax.", she sighs.

"Don't you know who Isabelle is?", I raise a brow.

She shakes her head.

"Duchess Isabelle Lilia Montoya.", I say and she's still confused. "Commonly known as Princess Izzy."

Iris POV

That title suddenly rings a bell.

Over the summer, Jax and I spent so much time watching a cartoon I had grown to love about two superheroes, one in a ladybug costume, the other in a cat one.

At first he hated every time I'd turn it on, but after a while it became something we looked forward to on the weekdays it'd play.

Since we were watching it on cable, commercials would always come on in the middle of it.

One commercial was of a news channel talking about a member of the Montoya royal family- Princess Izzy.

"Princess Izzy Montoya has been spotted out, not once, but twice with a new friend in Paris. The paparazzi has only gotten one clear photo of this so called 'friend', but she seems to be none other than Evelyn Palmer, youngest member of an exclusively wealthy family, with her father being a board member of a prestigious college and her mother owning one of the biggest fashion brands in the industry-"

Jax shuts off the television.

I look up at him confused.

"The show wasn't over daddy.", I whine.

"We can watch it later, i'll rent the episode.", he smiles. "Let's go get some ice cream."

I realize I must've been staring off into space because when I refocus on Jax he has a confused look on his face.

"I believe you."