42

Jax POV

I pull Iris out into the hallway, I don't take her back to my dorm because I don't want her to think she's going to get in trouble for speaking her mind.

"Flower..", I start.

"Don't call me that.", she says with hurt in her eyes.

"Iris.", I correct myself. "What you saw in the hallway last night- it was just a hug as friends- I was just grateful to Eve that's all. It might've lasted a bit too long but I was caught up in the moment."

"And what would have you so excited that you would forget about all that she's done to you for even one second?", she questions.

"I can't tell you.", I mutter and she scoffs. "But I promise nothing was going on!"

She looks down and then back up at me, but the sparkles in her eyes are gone.

"I don't know if I'm right or wrong about you cheating.", she tells me. "But I do know that I can't trust you anymore."

She runs off- most likely to find Lana.

"Why didn't you just tell her what really happened?", Eve says through a crack in the door.

"I didn't want to ruin the surprise.", I respond.

"Well you may have just ruined your relationship.", she mutters.

Fuck.
~
Iris POV

I rush off to find Lana.

I get to Adrien's door, leaving a trail of tears behind me.

When he see's my sobbing appearance he immediately let's me in.

I tell them everything and Lana hugs me.

"Well, maybe there was really nothing going on. Maybe he honestly just can't tell you.", Adrien says taking Jax' side.

I knew he'd do this, of course he would.

"No offense, Adrien.", I sigh. "But your opinion is invalid in this matter. You're his best friend so even if he was wrong you'd side with him."

"I'm not picking sides.", he rolls his eyes.

"Either way, you're bias- he's basically your brother.", I reply. "I need an unbiased opinion like Lana's."

"Are you sure you want relationship advice from me?", she raises a brow.

A knock at the door interrupts our conversation, and I know that it's him.
~
Jax POV

I expect to see Adrien, but to my surprise Lana answers the door.

"I know she's here.", I breathe.

"She doesn't want to see you.", Lana tells me.

"Fine.", I say before leaning against the hallway wall. "I'll wait."

Lana sighs when she realizes I'm not going anywhere, but instead of going back inside, she stands next to me.

"For a while I thought you were so terrible, just based on well- rumors I guess.", she starts. "But, no one terrible would be able to look at Iris the way that you do."

"What do you mean?", I question.

"Don't play dumb. I know you're in love with her.", she states.

"It's that obvious?", I ask.

"To everyone except Iris apparently.", she mummers. "I know you'd never cheat on her."

"Nobody likes you two together more than me.", she says and then let's out a laugh.

We both know that everyone does.

"But it is my job as her best friend to tell you that if you hurt her- I will hunt you down. No matter how scary you are sometimes.", she huffs.

"Was that a threat?", I raise a brow.

"Yes it was.", she responds.

"Then you and I may have more in common than you think.", I chuckle. "I trust you Lana so I'll tell you what really happened with Eve- and you can decide wether or not to tell Iris."