47

"What?", I gasp in slight shock that he said the exact words I was thinking.

"I love you, Iris.", he repeats. "I've tried to say those simple three words to you for weeks now. It wasn't like the movies- I didn't fall for you the moment our eyes met. As I got to know you as a person I fell in love with little details along the way, like how you never treat any of your stuffed animals more important than the rest, how you care so deeply for people even when they don't deserve it, and how you just strive to make sure everyone in your life is happy. After a while I realized that I had began to appreciate every aspect of you, and that's when I realized I had a new feeling whenever I looked into your eyes- something I had never felt for anyone before- and I knew I'd do anything for you."

I feel water prick at my eyes.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

How do I even respond to that? There's no way I can top what he just said.

I move my hands from his shoulders to the back of his neck, touching his dark hair. The classical music was still playing and I felt like I was in a movie scene. I stare into his eyes as he does the same to mine, before our lips collide.

Although it wasn't the first time we kissed, something about this one made it different from the rest. It wasn't a form of lust, it was a form of passion. It was our way of communicating our feelings to each other without saying a word.

When we pulled apart the music seemingly had stopped and Jax had a grin plastered on his face, which I assume meant he knew what the kiss was for.

"I love you more.", I say with a cheeky smile.

Jax spins me around again leading me into a dip even though the music had come to a halt.

"Impossible."

~8 Months Later (I warned you all about the time jump like three times so please don't freak out hahaa)~

I yawn waking up and wiping the sleep out of my eyes.

The entire dorm was pitch black and it looked even more empty in here with all of our stuff packed up.

What time was it?

I feel around the bed for my phone until finally finding it.

I unplug it and click on the screen as it reads:

Friday, June 11th, 4:28am

"Happy birthday, flower.", Jax says and he pulls my body closer to him.

"Thank you, Daddy.", I giggle.

"Do you have everything packed?", he questions.

Today wasn't just my birthday, it was also the last day of my first year at Witley. Summer training will become available again next week, but Jax says I won't need it since I have him now. So once we leave the school later, we won't be back until September.

"Yep! I have everything in my suitcase.", I smile at him. "But after our trip- will I have to go back home?"

Not that I'd be allowed back home anyway.

"No.", Jax quickly reassures me seeing I was a bit saddened just by the thought of it. "In usual cases you'd probably stay with Star- but I know she has the baby now so if you'd like, Adrien and I talked about it and we'd really like for you and Lana to come stay with us at his father's guest house."

"Well I can't speak for Lana but I'd love to stay with you guys!", my eyes widen from excitement. "I never want to go back to sleeping in a bed without you in it."

He tucks strand of my golden hair behind my ear.

"Me either.", his raspy voice whispers. "Now get some more sleep, we have a princess to meet."