43

Iris POV

I stay inside the dorm with Adrien while Lana goes to see what Jax wants, I told her I don't want to see him.

When she comes back inside I'm curious about what they talked about in the hallway for so long.

"So what did he want?", I ask Lana.

"What do you think?", she rolls her eyes.

"I know he wanted to see me.", I respond. "But what else did he tell you?"

"Look, Iris.", she sighs. "You know I've never liked him much, and I'm not bias. But I really think you should at least talk to him."

"I tried asking him about what happened between him and Eve and he wouldn't tell me!", I state. "How can I be with someone that I don't even trust?"

"Maybe he had a good reason for not telling you.", she says.

"A good reason like what?", I question.

She knows something, she'd never just defend him like this.

"A good reason like a surprise.", she mumbles under her breath.

"What surprise?", I ask suddenly intrigued.

She looks at Adrien and then back at me.

"Lana!", I yell. "What surprise?"

"I really don't want to ruin it.", she huffs. "Just go ask Jax if you really want to know! But I think you should let it be."

"How can I let it be?", I furrow my brows. "He was hugging Eve!"

"And it was just a hug!", she rebuttals. "Don't you get that he'd never cheat on you? Don't you see the way he looks at you?!"

What the hell is she talking about, and why is Adrien being so silent?

"What do you mean?", I question.

"Nothing.", she sighs. "I have to get ready for the ball."

She makes her way to the bathroom slamming the door shut before I hear running water.

"Adrien.", I raise a brow. "What is she talking about?"

"I- uh.", he shrugs. "I think you should go find Jax."

Fine!

I storm out of his dorm.

Since everyone wants me to try talking to 'Mr.Secrets' once more I guess that's what I'll freaking do!

The second I slam the door shut I immediately spot him against a hallway wall.

"Talk.", I state.

He looks hurt.

His eyes are dark.

I didn't mean to go over the top with all of this.

I guess in a way I have trust issues, I mean my parents hate me, no one in school ever liked me, the only person there for me until this year was Star and she lived a long flight away.

Deep down I doubt that he actually cheated on me with Eve, but the fact that he wouldn't tell me what was going on made me so angry!

But I was just using the entire situation as an excuse to push him away, because some part of my subconscious says that no one will ever care as deeply for me as they do anyone else.

"Hi.", he steps closer to me.

"You're seriously going to waste this chance I'm giving you to explain yourself greeting me?", I cross my arms.

"I'm so sorry, Iris."