36

Jax POV

Iris runs into my dorm sniffling.

"What happened, flower?", I ask while running my fingers through her hair.

"R-René..", she stutters. "She said she's going to steal something from me.. and she was accusing me of wanting her dom- the guy from Arielle's party."

"You saw him again? Did he try to make a move on you?", I question.

"No Daddy! Focus!", she sighs. "René said she's going to steal something from me! She's being so mean.. I didn't do anything I swear!"

"Alright, flower. It's okay- she won't steal anything from you.", I tell her. "From now on I'm your personal bodyguard."

She clings to me and lay back with her on the bed.

Her whimpers lower until she falls asleep.

When she does I immediately grab my phone and call Adrien.

"What's up?", he asks.

"The only reason I'm not murdering René right now is because I don't want to wake Iris up.", I mutter.

"What happened?", he sighs.

"She was being her classic bitchy self. Said she's going to steal something from Iris because that guy Tyler was talking to her.", I tell him.

"You worry about Iris, I'll deal with René.", he says.

"No daddy.", I hear Lana say in the background. "I'll deal with that bitch."

"Language.", Adrien chuckles.

"Sorry.", Lana huffs.

"Anyway, Iris is sleep for right now.", I tell Adrien. "But what am I going to do when she wakes up?"

"Listen Jax, do you know why I brought her to the ice cream shop that day?", he questions.

"Now that I think about it, not really.", I respond.

"You weren't yourself after Eve moved away. You told me yourself how attached you were to the idea of having someone, and then when you finally got matched with Eve, she left.", he explains. "But the second I met Iris, I knew she was the one for you. I knew that you two would be a perfect fit in every way. I can see it in her eyes, she loves you as much as you love her. Just fucking tell her already."
~
When Iris wakes up she tells me she wants to see Lana.

I call Adrien asking him to bring her.

He's acting all weird and tells me to bring Iris to the classrooms, since it's the weekend no one will be in there.

When we walk in, Adrien and Lana and standing there with their arms crossed while Arielle is looking down.

"What's going on?", I question.

"Tell them what you told us.", Lana says to Arielle.

"Well René told me she was going to steal Iris' happiness, and she decided that the best way to do that was a blast from the past.", she states.

"What do you mean?", I raise a brow.

"She called someone.", Arielle sighs.

"Who did she call?", Iris asks.

Arielle can't even look us in the eye.

"Who the hell did she call, Arielle?!", I yell.

She just keeps muttering that she's sorry.

Heels click and echo throughout the hall as a girl with long brown hair walks into the classroom.

"She called me."