41

Jax tells me that the town holds an annual ball every year. There's supposedly terrible music, great food, and okay people.

It sounds like the type of thing I'd love to go to- but I'm still mad at him.

Why was he hugging Eve?!

"So what do you say, flower?", he questions. "Will you go with me?"

"No!", I yell before running off.

Well- there goes acting perfectly fine.

I'm so mad at him!

He could he do something like this to me and then just act like everything is okay?

Has he always been this way?

Maybe Lana was right, maybe he's exactly what he looks like.
~
Jax POV

I didn't expect her to say no.

What reason could she possibly have for being this upset with me?

She didn't want breakfast, she refused the beautiful gown, and now she ran away from me.

I thought she felt the same way about me as I did her, but now I'm starting to question if what we have is real- or if this is just another Eve situation.

I call Adrien knowing she probably ran straight to Lana.

"Hey.", I start. "Is Iris there?"

"No.", he tells me. "Is something wrong?"

"Yeah.", I reply. "She just ran off and is acting really distant towards me."

"What did he do now?", I hear Lana sigh in the background.

"Lana.", I hear Adrien say sternly.

"Sorry.", she whispers.

"I'll go check the playroom.", I say quickly before hanging up.

I rush to the playroom looking around, but no Iris in sight.

Where the hell is she?
~
Iris POV

I run straight to the last place Jax would ever expect me to be, Arielle's dorm.

I knock repeatedly on the door until she lets me inside.

"Is Eve here?", I ask her.

She shakes her head no.

"She went out to get us coffee.", she mutters. "Why are you here Iris?"

"Well I know we aren't friends or anything but I feel like you need to know the truth.", I sigh. "Also I'm hiding from Jax."

"Makes sense.", she laughs before gesturing me to take a seat on the couch. "The truth about what?"

How do you tell someone that their ex- or now girlfriend- who just came back from Paris is cheating on them with their ex-dom?

"I saw Eve and Jax together in the hallway last night!", I yell.

Like that apparently.

"Doing what?", she raises a brow.

"They were hugging- but it was one of those long hugs!", I say trying to justify my anger.

"Iris.", she chuckles. "They can't stand each other. Are you sure about what you saw?"

Well- I don't know now. There was a girl that looked like Eve, in a black shirt, and some jeans.

The door knob turns and in walks the same girl I just described.

"Yes I'm sure!", I furrowed my brows at Eve. "Why don't you tell Arielle what you were doing outside of Jax' dorm last night!"

A tall figure walks in after her.

Jax.

"Is that what you're mad at me about?"