3

When we land in New Paltz, the view is spectacular.

There is a bunch of buildings surrounding a body of water and even though it's dark- the water is lit by floating candles.

It was better than I imagined it to be, I don't know what I was so worried about.

Who needs the loud city life anyway?

I won't have as much luck finding a friend in this town though, especially not one with an 'open-mind'.

But Star wanted me here for a reason and I think a change will be good for me.

I hope a change will be good for me.

We take another cab from the airport to Star's apartment which is about 30 minutes away.

When we get to the door a blonde haired guy opens it, he has stubble on his face but it's barely visible with his complexion. A puppy is jumping behind him- it's Jasper!

Jasper is my sister's dog- but I have no idea who this guy is.

I hide behind Star.

Oh no- I'm slipping into little space.

My feet hurt and I'm tired from all of the traveling.

I start to whine quietly and I guess Star told Reece about me because he picks me up and carries me into the house along with my bags.

I want to say thank you, but since I'm in little space it comes out as random noise.

"You're welcome.", he says rolling his eyes before walking back out to the cab to get the rest of the bags.

I start to crawl around the apartment floor and somehow manage to bump my head on a glass coffee table.

"Owwie.", I say before I began to cry.

"What's wrong?", the same guy from earlier asks as he see's me on the floor. "What are you doing down here?"

He picks me up and puts me on the couch, then he comes back with some ice.

"Here you go little buddy.", he says as he puts it on the part of my head that hurts.

I start sucking my thumb since my pacifier is in a bag somewhere.

I began to close my eyes but he shakes me.

"You have to stay up, okay? You could get a concussion if you go to sleep right now.", he tells me.

"But I sleepy.", I say finding the words.

"I know.", he says sitting next to me. "Oh here's an idea, why don't we go out for ice cream?"

I eagerly shake my head yes, which makes it hurt more.

"Did you eat dinner yet?", he asks me.

I lie and tell him yes, I really want ice cream.

"Okay then.", he says before picking me up. "Let's go."

He tells Star where we're going and she just nods since she's trying to put away my clothes in the guest room.

"You know.", the man says while we're driving. "I didn't catch your name."

I'm such a dumb dumb sometimes.

"Iwis.", I yawn.

"Well Iris, I'm Adrien.", he tells me.

He's so nice and kind to me, I wonder how he knows about this stuff.