37

Iris POV

"Jackie Pooh!", the girl says running up to hug Jax.

Who the hell is this girl? And why is she calling Jax that stupid nickname?

He just looks stunned and sits there with his arms open, not hugging her back.

"How did you get back from Paris so quickly?", Adrien asks her.

Paris? Woah.

I've never even been to Canada.

"I was already in town visiting my father for the week.", she says finally letting go of Jax. "It's nice to see you too A."

"Not if my psycho of an ex summoned you here.", he scoffs.

"Relax.", she chuckles. "René doesn't want any trouble. She just missed me."

"You being here is trouble enough.", he mumbles.

I turn to Lana, apparently I'm the only one here who doesn't know who the hell this girl is.

"Adrien gave me the run down earlier.", she whispers to me. "Her name is Evelyn Palmer, she goes by Eve. She lives with her mother in Paris ever since her parents got divorced last year. She used to date Jax but.."

"Don't tell me anything else.", I sigh. "I'm already starting to hate her and I don't even know her."

"But Iris..", Lana tries to whisper something to me but I shut her out.

After I had my nightmare, Jax said I had nothing to worry about, she sure looks like something to worry about.

I'm uncomfortable and I don't want to be here.

Eve turns her attention to Arielle and it seems like she didn't even notice she was in the room.

"Hi, Elle.", she says in a much calmer voice.

"Hi.", Arielle says looking at the floor.

"So what are we strangers now?", Eve questions.

Arielle just runs out of the room.

"René told me about you two.", she smiles at me and Lana. "I can't wait to meet you but I really have to go."

She runs off after Arielle.

"I don't like her.", I sigh sitting on a desk.

"She doesn't seem as bad as René.", Lana says sitting next to me.

"Maybe that's what she wants us to think.", I tell Lana. "You have to be as bad as René to be friends with her."

"Eve isn't that bad, truly. She just presents a problem.", Adrien says. "Are you alright Jax?"

He's still is standing there, in the same position Eve left him in.

He looks like he's just seen a ghost.

"All of this drama is making me hungry.", Lana sighs.

"Me too.", I agree. "When you regain consciousness Daddy, we'll be in the food court."

Me and Lana go to get some food while Adrien stays behind in the classroom with Jax.

We go halfsies on chicken tenders and fries.

"Don't you think it was weird the way Arielle ran out?", I laugh with Lana while we sit down. "I mean it's not like Eve is her ex."

She immediately goes mute.

"Lana?", I question looking up at her. "What is it?"

"I tried to tell you earlier.", she sighs. "Eve and Arielle sort of had a thing.."