Chapter 6

(Fan art not mine but it is fabulous so I put it in)

Five days later

Akaashi POV

I checked the time. It was 2:30. It was lucky that we both lived in the same time zone so that we don't have to be awake at different times. I probably should set up Minecraft now.

I open the app and change my skin from the one Kenma was playing as, to my regular one. It is an owl that looks quite similar to my profile pictures on Instagram and YouTube. I had made it myself using a skin editor app and I was proud of it. It is now 2:48 so it was almost time.

I suddenly felt nervous. 'What if he is way better at it than me? What if people think I only agreed to collab for clout? Will he think that I am boring? How should I start? What if we both start talking at the same time and he gets mad? '

"Calm down Akaashi" I said to myself. "You have seen him look happy at a children's zoo. I don't think he is the type to get mad easily." Feeling slightly more reassured, I texted him asking if he was ready.

He replied saying 'yup!' So I joined the discord voice chat that he was already in. I was greeted with a "Hey hey hey!" From Bokuto which made me smile. "Hello Bokuto-San. Are you ready to start?"

I created a world in Minecraft. "Would you prefer creative or survival mode?" I asked. "Let's do creative!" He cheered. Honestly, he always sounded like he was happy. If this was a book I bet all his sentences would end in an exclamation mark.

"Ok I'll invite you to the world. What's your gamertag?" I questioned. "Gamertag? What's that?" He asked. I rolled my eyes. "It's how you join someone in Minecraft. You need to sign in to your Microsoft account then add my gamertag. Do you have a Microsoft account?"

"Um I think??? Is that the one where your email ends in gmail.com?"

I blinked in surprise. God this man is an idiot. "No that's a Gmail account. Do you see the little square with a chat bubble on the bottom left of your Minecraft Home Screen? Tap that and then log in or create an account."

10 minutes later he had finally figured it out and was about to join me. He spawned in and had a matching skin to me, except his was more of a whitey-grey colour while mine was a dark brown.(A/N I'm trying to describe the cover picture basically.)"Do you like it?" He asked while attempting to spin around on the spot. He fell off the mountain we were in top of.

During the whole 2 hours we played together he always made me laugh. He was so bad at it it erased all my worries of him being better than me. We decided to hold a challenge to see who could build the best house in 30 minutes. I went to see his first and had to hold on my laughter.

Bokuto's house

It had taken him 30 minutes to build a tiny shack

It had taken him 30 minutes to build a tiny shack. He kept complaining that he forgot how to work his inventory. Bokuto is really just a big baby. He has the biggest mood swings as well. When I laughed at his house he went quiet and started sulking but he saw a llama a few seconds later and started laughing and chasing it. Then I showed him my house. It wasn't very fancy, as I only had 30 minutes but it was better than Bokuto's was.

Akaashi's house

His jaw dropped

His jaw dropped. "Akaashi! He squealed. "Your so good at Minecraft!!!" I blushed. "Thank you" I mumbled. "We should definitely collab again soon!!!" He said excitedly. "It would be so fun!!"

I smiled. It really had been fun. I had panicked for nothing. "Yes, that would be great. We should." We logged of the world and I sent him my clips, making sure my camera was off the whole time. He said he would edit them tonight and send them to me tomorrow, making sure I liked them before he posted them.

I went to bed smiling for the first time in a while that night.

A/N

I based Bokuto's skills off a time I was playing with a friend. She was really bad as well. I didn't really know how to explain Minecraft so I just winged it and went with whatever sounded fine. I only have Minecraft pocket edition so I  explained how to sign in to your Microsoft account from that. Originally I planned on actually making the houses but I did not have time so I googled it so pictures are not mine. Vote and comment if you liked it :)