Chapter 33

Akashi POV

He pulled up in the parking lot of the zoo and jumped out immediately, excited to see the owls.

"Come on Keiji! I want to see the owls again!"

I laughed and stepped out of the car, remembering what section we had parked it because I knew Bokuto wouldn't.

He started running towards the entersnve gates.

"Kotaro! Lock the car first!" I reminded him. We needed a way to get home so if the car got stolen it wouldn't be very good. At least we would get some exercise.

Bokuto has a nice car, a sleek white Tesla so it would make sense that people would want to steal it.

I has to run to catch up to him, he was so excited. Sometimes I wonder if he is 24 or 4.

We paid the admission fee and we were finally in.

"Akaashi! Let's go see the owls first!" He said, grabbing my hand and dragging me over.

I got déjà vu. We were in this exact same situation when we were going to the movie.

Except this time, when we got to the enclosure he didn't let go. He kept his fingers intertwined with mine.

"Look!" He pointed to an owl with one hand. "There is a horned owl! They are my favorite. And there's a barn owl! And there's a tawny owl! And there's a-"

He rambled in and on about owls. I listened mindlessly, enjoying his voice. It was soothing.

Once he had finally finished giving me all the different breeds of owls and a detailed description of each he moved on to stupid owl jokes.

"What did the owl say to the judge?"

"What?"

"I'm talon you, it wasn't me!"

"What type of books do owls like to read?"

"I don't know."

"Hooo-dunnits!"

"Knock, knock Akaashi! Knock knock!"

"Who's there?" I asked, knowing I shouldn't be encouraging this, but he is too cute to refuse.

"Owls."

"Owls who?" I asked, already knowing the joke.

"That's right! Tawny Owls hooo!"

He started laughing his head off, before a horned owl landed on his shoulder.

He gasped like a child in a candy store.

"Kaashi look! An owl! And a horned owl! My favorites!" He whispered, trying not to startle it.

I started laughing and both Bokuto and the owl cocked their heads to the side.

"What's so funny Keiji?" He asked, and the owl hooted like it was agreeing.

I just shook my head, not sure how to say that he and the owl looked almost identical.

A/N

I have been procrastinating this chapter for 5 days so I just decided to end it at 440 words so sorry for the low quality content.