Chapter 52~ Some months later

SOME MONTHS LATER

SOME MONTHS LATER

Isere waited patiently for the rain to stop; it was raining heavily. The cold breeze came into her room through the window, making the room warm.

There was no light and Ejiro was out with some friends. She didn't follow them because she wanted to rest. The second semester exam for her second year in the university was fast approaching, and the distance between her and Kelvin was widening too.

When she went home after the first semester exam break it was as if her parents got worse than before. They became extra strict with her and a certain time she tried to speak back to her mother, she was beaten really bad that long red marks were imprinted on her skin from every touch of the whip against her body.

She didn't know how her mother came to know she'd be having two weeks break in school and demanded she came back home.

Each time she was maltreated and she tried to stand up for herself, she would retreat once she thought of the outcome and how her words might affect her.

She knew that would be making things worse for her as they might make her withdraw or if possible, make her come home every weekend since money wasn't an issue for them.

Her mother once brought up the talk about virginity and told isere to better be careful because she had a dream isere got pregnant and if that dream happens to come through, she'd make sure to let isere knew the harsh reality of life.

For days, she wished she could just escape but she knew she couldn't. They made her get involved with every church activities, she began to hate the word church because of it.

That morning she left home, she thanked her stars for escaping prison. She resumed for second semester and things began to get worse for her. In a week, she and Kelvin would argue about one thing or another; either about the fact he wasn't having enough time for her or the fact he was with one lady or another.

She would bicker about little stuff making him speechless as he'd let her speak. She would flare up when she realise he wasn't replying her instead he was making her look like a mad woman. The only words he'd say to her were; go and sleep and when you wake up, we shall talk.

That would escalate the whole issue out of proportion. She would say he doesn't love her anymore reason he didn't care about her feelings. Most times he had to leave so as not to rile her up the more.

It was his final year in the university, he was extra busy, he was working on his project and some other things and when he needed her the most by his side, she'd come up with complains.

Ejiro came back later in the evening to see Isere sleeping on the floor. She wondered why she slept on the cold tiles when the bed wasn't too far from her. She squats down and wake her up. "Issy, go and sleep on the bed." She said.

Isere yawned as she asked Ejiro for the time in an husky voice while stretching her arms. "It's past ten in the night," Ejiro replied and she scurried up.

"Shit!" She muttered as she wiped her face. Kelvin told her to be online by ten so they could talk. After two days of ignoring one another, he finally texted her.

She rushed to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth. When she came back Ejiro was watching a series on her laptop. "What's the title?" She asked her.

"All American," Ejiro replied. Isere heaved a deep sign, she didn't know why her life has been a mess lately. Drama after drama, either with her parents or Kelvin. She wondered if she was destined for a life of drama until she died.

"Goodnight," she muttered to Ejiro before walking to where she was charging her phone to get it. She turned on her data and waited for a while for her message to load before replying them all. She replied Kelvin's own last.

Baby boo ❤️: I wasn't avoiding you or trying to make you look like a fool. But when you keep shouting and complaining, I just can't do or say anything because it would obviously lead to no where. I've been stressed and busy and you are not helping.

I try to call you at least once in a day to make sure you are alright and when I don't, you do not try to call me to check on me instead you make it look like I was the one at fault.

Isere heaved a sigh as she read the message. "Maybe I am wrong." She muttered to herself. The fact she never made an attempt to call him whenever he didn't was her fault.

Isere: Okay maybe I am wrong but you are also wrong. You are always too busy to hang out with me and you think because you do not take post pictures on your status I do not see from your friends. You guys hang out most times!

Baby boo ❤️: You never give in, not at all. That's an hangout for course mates and besides it's not like I have an option if they take me along with them. It's my finals.  You are never wrong and to be honest it's sickening.

"Ouch!" She placed her palm on her chest when she read the last message. Before she could type a reply, he sent another message.

Baby boo ❤️: If we keep arguing about stuffs like this all of the time, it's just not going to do us any good. Try to understand and try to think from my perspective.

Isere: I'm thinking from your perspective!

Most of her actions lately were due to insecurities that once he graduates, that's the end of it all and she's gotten to attached and worried that he might leave her and once he does, she doesn't know how she'd be able to move on.

This book is slowly coming to an end and there are already twist and turns.

Hmm, what are your thoughts?

Vote, comment and share.