Chapter 38: Kiss and make up

Happy birthday maramartha wishing you long life and prosperity

Happy TWO YEARS WATTNIVERSARY to me!!

Enjoy my two years wattniversary gift to you all requesting for an update on REGRET. I promise and here it is.

Isere was taken aback by Kelvin's question, biting her bottom lips lightly, She suddenly regretted speaking without thinking again.

She couldn't look at Kelvin's eyes because she felt stupid once more and instead of trying to make amends, she was busy concluding.

No negative thought, Isere! She warned herself. Neither of them said anything, Kelvin excused himself to get the pizza while Isere used that time to think through.

She needed to apologise to him and stop being the victim when she wasn't. She heaved a deep breath as she waited for him to return back so she could apologise.

She didn't know how to go about it but she knew that was the right thing to do.

Kelvin returned back with the pizza in his hand, he placed the pizza on top of the table before taking a seat. "I'm sorry," Isere whispered immidately he sat down.

"What?" Kelvin asked as he didn't hear what she said. Isere took a deep breath, she was wrong and she knew it so she had to apologise and make things right.

"I know I haven't been the very best girlfriend for you. You..." She licked her bottom lips, she was thinking of the right word to say as nothing was coming into her head. "You have always been there for me, You have been supportive and attentive while I have been the worse and I'd understand if you didn't want us anymore," She blurted out.

Kelvin was shocked upon hearing Isere's word, he never expected her to apologize. Asides her apologising, the fact that she thought he'd break up with her baffled him.  "I never said anything about break-up?" He said.

Isere took a deep breath before speaking up, "Segun, let me speak first" she said to him.  "I am really sorry, I feel bad about everything and our fight. I feel I have a long way to go and I know I don't deserve you."

"You have always been good to me, you care a lot about me and put up with me while all I do is create unnecessary dramas between us and create space, using any chance I get to create issues for us instead of..." Her voice broke as she said those words. Her heart ached and her eyes welled with tears. She rubbed her palms together, trying to calm herself.

"When you said those words to me, I was hurt and I knew i deserved it, I accused you with no prove and invaded your privacy because of my insecurities and irrational thoughts. And for a relationship to grow, both parties are needed and it seem I have just been an issue all through."

"I went to the point of snatching your phone and acting like a..." She trailed off, "a nagging wife!" She finally said the word that truely hurt her.