Chapter 4: New roomate

Dedicated to MichaelDBlessing

The past two weeks had been the best for Isere so far, it was as if she was in another planet entirely and breathing another air.

She wasn't worried neither did she get an uncanny feeling anymore, she knew it was because she wasn't with her parents and it was also because she had no one controlling her.

All she did was sleep, wake up, take her bath, go for lectures, come back home, eat, chat with Ejiro, stroll and sleep.

Ejiro has been a good friend to her since they arrived, they've been acting like twins and getting on each others nerves. One thing she loved mostly about Ejiro was that she was free spirited, she was crazy in an amazing way.

Ejiro could start dancing in the middle of anyway as soon as she hears the sound of music, to the extent, Isere had to cover her face one time when they had gone to buy suya and Ejiro began dancing making crowds to gather.

It was also easy for her to tell Ejiro about her family and herself and what she had been through. Ejiro went to a boarding secondary school in port Harcourt and grew up in port Harcourt although she was an origin of Delta State.

While Isere was chatting using Ejiro's phone, a rich walnut skinned girl dressed in a black short that stopped just below her knee, a white off shoulder top, a black gladiator, walked in. Her hair was braided with red and white attachment, she had an heavy make up on and five big bags with her.

Ejiro stood up to take a look at the girl,na fashion house, dis one come? Ejiro wondered.( Is she looking for some fashion house?)

The girl was tall, taller than Isere and Ejiro, her finger nails were painted red and very long, her skin color showed signs that she bleached to make it that way. He finger knuckles were black whilst the rest were light orange and brown, Ejiro thought.

Isere took a liking to the girl seeing the way she was dressed and how she smelled good. From the was she appeared, the girl looked classy and elegant.

"Hello!" The girl greeted sarcastically before looking at the door number to make sure she was at the right room.

"Are you our third roomate?" Isere asked trying to warm up to the girl while Ejiro turned on her back to go lie down on her bed. Ejiro didn't like her and she didn't know why either.

"Yes," she retorted before walking in to arrange her stuff. Ejiro was irritated by her attitude, they knew a new roommate was coming in but she should at least be polite.

Isere walked up to the new girl, " Hi, I'm Katherine," she introduced herself to her. The new girl took a look at Isere; Isere was dressed in a long chivon flared skirt, a white long sleeve shirt and her hair were plaited all back neatly.

The way she looked at Isere made Isere insecured.  "If na preacher you be, no greet me," the girl retorted in a way that pissed  Ejiro.
( if you wanna preach to me, please dont)

Isere was confused, why would she think that, was it because of her dressing? Isere had dressed this way because it was Sunday and she went to church, she never expected the new girl to be rude.

Ejiro who was dressed in a green bum short, a white tank top, walked to where Isere was and stood there with an arms crossed across her chest.

"You are rude," she retorted. The new girl was about to speak but Ejiro shunned her, "She introduced herself to you and the least you could do is do the same," Ejiro spoke not intimated by her height.

The new girl looked at Ejiro, Ejiro doesn't look the same way as Isere she thought and from the way  Ejiro was dressed with the zipper of her bum short unzipped and how she looked, she knew Ejiro was a no nonsense person.

The new girl cleared her throat before speaking, "You cannot blame me for speaking to her that way, anyone dressed the way she's dressed always come to me and preach against my lifestyle, it's sickening," she spoke unzipping her box and bringing out her clothes.

"That doesn't mean you would go around judging people like that, my friend here isn't like that," she defended.

Even though she knew Isere parents were judgmental regarding how they had looked at her the other day and what Isere had told her about them, she knew Isere wasn't like that.

"My name is Morgan, una don rest?" Morgan spat out. (Are you guys at ease?)

"No, and i am not interested in your name." Ejiro retorted.

Isere stood dumbfounded by the scene and felt ashamed of herself, she would have loved to be friends with Morgan but the girl didn't like her and that make her disheartened.

Ejiro dragged Isere away. Morgan liked people like Ejiro and she knew what people like Ejiro did, she was obviously going to be friends with Ejiro.

The room was quiet as all three of them were doing their own thing, no one spoke to each other. Their room was painted grey and cream colour, it was enough to contain three beds and two wardrobes.

After lectures, Isere and Ejiro decided to buy food from a small canteen owned by 'mama Fareed', her Amala was most sorted for than any other meals and be ready to sweat out as you are eating it.

" Ekasan ma," Ejiro greeted in yoruba to mama Fareed," (Good afternoon ma)

"Good afternoon ma," Isere greeted too. Isere and Ejiro had found their way into this woman's heart as that were known to always come to eat her hot Amala in the afternoon.

"Omo mi, o ti de," Mama Fareed retorted smiling as they came into her. ( You have come my children)

" Be ni ma, so wa pa ma?" Ejiro asked her. Ejiro was an urobo girl from Delta State but she understood and spoke yoruba too. She had learnt from Yoruba friend back in secondary school. (Yes ma, we are here, How are you ma)

"Omo daa da, Oluwa bukun fun e," she prayed for  them as they smile.
( Good children, God will bless you )

"Ese ma," they both retorted. ( Thank  you ma)

This chapter was crappy but it's a filler chapter, the next chapter will be better, I promise.

What are your thoughts on Morgan?

If you have forgotten the characters playing them, go and look at the cast once more.

Vote, comment and share.