Chapter 37: Let the ship sail again

Dedicated to Wunmyak

"What?!" Ejiro was shocked, she had to tap her ear to make sure she heard Isere well.

"He...I don't know but he said he needed space and hasn't spoken to me for one week and five days," Isere mummured. She bit her bottom lips, took a step backward and turned around.

Ejiro sighed, she pulled Isere with her as they took a sit on her bed. "What happened?" Ejiro asked. Isere was speechless, she didn't know what to say to her or where to begin from.

"Talk to me," Ejiro ushered and soon Isere started to tell her what went down between Kelvin and herself.

Ejiro sighed as she face palmed herself. "Issy, what you did was wrong and did you try apologising?" Ejiro asked.

"He said he needed space," She muttered.

"Issy, you were wrong. Wrong is the sense that you didn't catch him in the act to conclude easily. I once told you I have an hunch Daniel is cheating on me but since I've never caught him, I don't bring up unnecessary issue knowing well he'd deny and it'd bring up argument between us."

"Issy, I get the point you were jealous and insecure and all that but did you try getting proof first? And that TJ, I wonder why you stay friends with useless people?" Ejiro sighed.

"He is stupid because no one asked his opinion and he caused a rift between you and Kelvin and now you are hurting."

"You don't have to make me feel worse than I am, you know? I felt bad and I tried changing the next day but he wouldn't talk to me!" Isere huffed.

"That's because you invaded his privacy! You don't just go through someone's phone and reply to their chats, it's wrong! How would you feel if he did the same to you? Most times you have to put yourself in that situation first before concluding."

"Relationship is about compromising, most times you are not pleased but because it pleases your partner, you let go and try to satisfy them and he said those words to you because that's how you've always made him feel." The more Ejiro spoke, the more Isere fought to hold the tear from rolling down her cheek.

"All hope is not lost, he cares about you, he was concerned when I told him you were sick."

"He was but he didn't try speaking to me!" Isere retorted.

"And did you try speaking to him?!" Ejiro asked.

"No, he said he needed space and I was scared of what might happen next if I didn't, I am scared he might really breakup with me. I'm struggling to even think most times and I just kept holding on to the words space as a means of hope but deep down I'm scared." Isere cried out.