Chapter 13: Heartbeats

Dedicated to Turq_Todiella

Isere walked alongside Kelvin into the building, as soon as they got closer to the door, the door opened by itself. The gush of air from the air condition instantly sent goosebumps on her skin.

'Wow!' she muttered. She could call the place Paradise as it nothing she had ever seen before. The walls were painted in rich white paints.

There were two curved stairways that led a path upstairs; on the left side of the stairways were ladies whose hair were been made by different ladies in a uniform consisting of a red check shirt and a black skirt with loafers.

There was a chandelier hunged really high in the ceiling, the windows were of huge glass while the floors were tiled. There was a receptionist in-between the two stairways too.

"Welcome your highness," the receptionist greeted as soon as she saw Kelvin. Kelvin didn't like his position to be known as he always felt uncomfortable.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that?" He asked the lady in an informal manner that surprised Isere. "I'm so sorry, but the last time you came with her royal mother, she had warned me."

Kelvin face palmed himself, "That's fine," he said. He collected the pen and signed in.

"Thank you," the receptionist spoke as Kelvin led Isere upstairs. "Wow!" Isere spoke out.

"What is this place?" She asked him.

"A house in charge of making the hair of prominent people and especially the royal family, the house that does the pedicure and manicure of prominent people, and also does their make up too."

"Wow! I've never seen such a beautiful building before," she whispered to him as her eyes began to roam around. Kelvin just looked at her in awe, admiring her.

They finally stopped at a door, on top of the door was written, 'VVIP'.

He opened the door and they were both welcomed by three ladies who was dressed in a red check button shirt, black skirts and loafers. Two of the ladies were caramel skin while the other one was chocolate skinned.

"Welcome your highness sir," they greeted with their head bowed. They took a look at Isere before one of them spoke up, "Your girlfriend is more beautiful than we thought."

Isere blushed, "She's not my girlfriend," Kelvin spoke. "Yet!" He whispered more to himself.

That had hurt Isere when he said she was not his girlfriend. She just put on a fake smile on her face to not show any sign of annoyance.

"Good afternoon," she greeted.

The girls looked at each other one after the other before getting starting on their duties.