Chapter 34: Manipulation

Dedicated to Queensophy25

**************************************

Three months later

Isere's was slowly preparing for her second semester exam. The past three months has been going well in her life; after coming back from Ghana, she had stayed at Kelvin's place until school resumed.

Their relationship was growing stronger and better and so was her relationship to her peers. Tj and her got close which wasn't in her agenda but he has been a really good listener to her and a good friend.

For the past three months, her parents called only to check on her and reminded her to pray. She loved her recent life and the thought of school closing and going back home always had a bad effect on her.

Isere sat down opposite TJ in the restaurant as they waited for their orders. He wanted to buy her lunch and she accepted.

"So you and you boyfriend are still good?" Tj asked making Isere smile.

TJ always made sure to ask that question, at first it baffled her but she got used to it. "Obviously, why won't we?" She asked.

"Don't fall too deep though, men are dangerous and I tell you because I am one." His words made Isere chuckled.

"Really? I'm surprised you are saying this. But fact is, my baby isn't, I have him wrapped around my finger." She spoke confidently.

"Kelvin can't hurt me, gosh, hurting me is like hurting himself," she said rubbing her palm together.

"You think so? Men can be really defiant you know, we act sweet but when we want to act crazy, we don't look back." TJ spoke.

"Okay. And what's with all this talk? Tell me." She hollered.

"Don't fall deep though, Men are never loyal. I promise you and believe me when I tell you, he doesn't have you alone as a girl. All men has side chicks." He added and that baffled Isere.

She laughed, Kelvin wouldn't cheat on her, he doesn't even have time for any other girls asides her. "Rest assure Tj, my baby can't cheat, he won't and besides he knows how hard it hits me when I see him with other girls." She told him trying to assure him but mostly herself.

"We love, no doubt but we tend to get tired when we eat the same fruit regularly and besides we are easily tempted, you and I know that." He said. The waiter soon brings their order for them.

Isere wasn't feeling good again, why would Tj bring such topic? Could he have seen something to tell me this? She thought.

"Don't trust too much and Kate, most times we store our side chick names with weird names so as not to be caught. We are never saint. He loves you, I don't know about that but..." He trailed off swallowing the food in his mouth.