Chapter 46~ Back home

Isere wrapped her arms wound Kelvin before pecking him on the lips, "I don't wanna go home," She cried out

The second semester exam was done and she had to go home. Kelvin birthday was just next month and in as much as she wanted to celebrate with him, she couldn't.

"Its going to be fine baby," He coo'd wrapping his arms around her.

"Let's go already, it's getting brighter and you wouldn't want your parents looking for you, would you?" He asked.

Isere sighed, she pulled Kelvin face down towards her eye level, "I love you." She whispered and kissed him.

Isere carried her box with her upstairs and she entered  her house. She was finally back in Lagos, the state she was held captived. Her father hadn't followed her mother to pick her up since he had some work to do.

"Isere, when you drop your back, come back downstairs," Her mother said to Isere whilst she was walking upstairs.

"Yes ma," Isere answered.

Isere had hidden her iPhone 11 pro in between her clothes in her box. She was glad she had two sim card that way, she wouldn't be bothered if her phone got seized again.

It was going to be a very long holiday, Isere sighed.

Isere walked downstairs to meet her mother in the the living room. "Mummy, you called for me," Isere said as soon as she got close to her mother.

"There will be a night vigil today and I want you to be prepared, we have to leave for church by five." Her mother said to her.

Isere sighed, she just came from from one journey only to go for another. She wanted to tell her mother she won't go with her but she knew she couldn't.

She was tired and she needed to sleep. "And also where is your phone?" Her mother asked her changing the tv station to BBC.

"It's upstairs," Isere said to her. "Go and bring it here, so I have to tell you that you have to return it once you are back home?" Her mother asked her.

"No ma," Isere was quick to reply.

"Go and bring it here!" Her mother raised her voice. Isere rushed to get the phone.

Isere tied her hair tie with a rubber band then she covered them with a scarf. She took out her Bible from her bag before walking downstairs to meet her mother.

Isere wondered why she had to leave home early considering she needed rest. She has been feeling weak lately.

"I don't know why I feel like something is different about you since I saw you this morning, " Isere mother spoke taking a closer look at Isere.