Chapter 59~ Reminiscing the past

The room was silent, pastor Fredrick, pastor Mrs Williams, Isere, Isere's father all turned to look at Isere's mother as she began to speak

"I was scared pastor, I only did that to prevent the past from repeating itself. I was scared my past would haunt me so I decided to do all I can do prevent it," Isere's mother spoke.

"By locking me in the house and beating me for saying certain words?" Isere scoffed as she looked at her mother. She wondered what her mother past was about that her led them to maltreating her.

"Katherine, she is your mother, have some respect for her,"  Pastor Fredrick said to Isere. Isere kept mute as she let her mother continue.

"I am a victim of God's grace and love and if not, maybe I might be in hell for my treacherous and immoral ways."

"Interesting," Isere muttered with sarcasm.

"I have led  a very wrong path which put me in a tough situation later in life but was saved by my husband here." Isere mother sighed.

"I was that girl who believed she had it in life, my parents were the type who didn't say much or cared about our welfare; and if maybe they did, they didn't show much. They didn't punish us whenever we did something wrong. They never cared if you left the house in the morning and came back late but as long as you are alive, they didn't mind."

"I was the typical example of those girls that wanted to try all, wanted to experience it all and do it all. I did drugs, I smoked, i partied, I involved myself in every sexual act possible all for the sake of experience." She heaved a sigh as she focused her eyes on her fingers. "Funniest part was I ran away from home at age seventeen to be alone in an attempt to show my I was independent."

Isere gasped, she was caught unaware by her mother's confession, could this really be the woman who acted as if she had never touched another man other than her husband before? She thought to herself as she looked at her mother with disdain.

Could she really be the woman who acted as if she she had never watched people kiss before or the woman who has never said inappropriate words in public?

Isere shook her head, this was really not the mother she grew up with. Th mother she grew of with were the opposite of what this woman in front of her was saying.

"At age nineteen I had my first abortion!" Isere mother spoke out with a pained expression as she recalled the past she buried deep down inside of her.

"Jesus is Lord!" Mrs Williams spoke out.

"Eh eh eh!" Isere clapped her hands in mockery as she shook her head.

"God is good," Head pastor Fredrick said, placing his fingers chin as he listened to her.

"I almost died, I was in a complicated situation that I nearly lost my life." Isere mother spoke.