Chapter 17: Home bitter home

A/N~ I wouldn't have updated today but my Chris brown can't be forsaken!

Happy birthday to my number one best artist in the entire universe!!!!!💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

This chapter is for him
Dedicated to LeezieAnn03

Isere waited patiently for her parents to come pick her as she played snake game on her Nokia phone. She has been feeling unwell since Kelvin brought her back to her hostel this morning.

She refused to let go of him when he had hugged her this morning, she'd miss him and going home meant she won't be able to hear from him until next year.

Kelvin had placed a small kiss at the corner of her lips catching her of guard and they had left lingering feelings.

Her belly churned and her heartbeats were heavy for her, she didn't like the fact she was going home and she wanted to cry. Her freedom has been cut short.

"Welcome ma," Ejiro greeted Isere's mother as soon as she entered the  room. Isere heart began to beat in an uncomfortable way, her stomach churned extra. She stared at her mother who she looked nothing like but had only inherit her skin colour dressed in a blue kaftan and scarf on her.

She stood up in shock as she went on her knees to greet her mother.

Isere had kept her parents choice of clothings in her box and hid the clothes Kelvin bought for her in another bag, she wasn't going to take those clothes back home with her.

Isere was dressed in a long jean skirt and a blue long sleeve black top, she also wore turban to cover her hair.

She sighed as she stood back on her feet. Isere parent saw Ejiro and shook their head, Ejiro was in a bump short as usual and just a sport bra. Ejiro was in a mixed colour weavon.

"Lord have mercies on the children of nowadays," Isere mother spoke as soon as she took her eyes off Ejiro.

Ejiro bit her tongue from laughing at Isere mother's word. "Isere, how have you been my child?" Her mother asked her.

"I'm fine ma," Isere replied.

"Let us pray oo," Isere mother told Isere  as they all held hands and prayed. Isere didn't close her eyes as she watched Ejiro from the side who was snickering.

"Get your bags, let's go home."

Isere mother left leaving Isere to get her bag and follow them.

"Bye Ji baby," Isere told Ejiro who finally let out her laughs.

"Enjoy your Lockdown dear, your mother is funny oo," Ejiro spoke making Isere laugh along.

" You didn't even tell me how you had spent your last day with Kelvin self, did he finally kiss you?" She asked.

Isere blushed, "he did!" Ejiro exclaimed.

"No...he didn't, he just kissed me close to my lips but not on the lips, I better go before my parents begin to interrogate me." Isere told Ejiro as she grabbed her bag.

Ejiro hugged Isere, "I will miss you, do text me when you have the time, the year has gone so quick," Ejiro sighed.

"When will you be leaving?" Isere asked Ejiro. " Will be going to Ibadan first to meet the love of my life then we will go back home together," Ejiro replied.

"Take care and save journey!"

Isere settled down in her father car after settling her box in the booth of the car. She reminisced all that she had experience while at Ile Ife and how she'd miss the people and her friends.

She'd miss Kelvin more because she couldn't go two days without hearing from him. They were not dating but it seems as if they were.

'GOODBYE FROM OSUN STATE' was bodly written on the signboard.

Isere heart sank, she was back to Lagos, the state where she was held captive.

"How was school Isere?" Her mother asks her after she was done speaking to her father.

"It was fine ma," she retorted blankly.

"Hope you heeded to my advice right?" He mother's asked.

Isere laughed inside her, what foolish advise did you give me? Mtchweee!

"Yes ma," she retorted.

"Hope you stayed away from men?" Her father asked. Isere stomach churned. How the hell did her parents get married if they hadn't talked to each other?!

"Yes sir," she retorted.

"When we get home, you will give us a summary of all you've been taught," her father said firmly.

Isere shook her head, bitter sweet home it was.

Her phone beeped, she saw she had three new messages, she was about to view them when her mother asked her what it was.

"It's the customer service," she blurted out.

"All those people of the devil, those customer service people are really evil," her mother spat out making Isere jaw drop.

Customer service people are now children of the world, na wa oo!

Isere smiled when she saw it was a message from Kelvin; safe trip, hugs and kisses and dream about me. I miss you already, my heart is aching from the distance already.

"Aww, so sweet," Isere mumbled.

"What did you say?" Her mother asked her.

"Nothing ma," she nodded her head.

She sneakily typed back a reply, "I wishing I never had to go home and spend the day in your arms. I missed you," Isere had struggled to type back.

She and Kelvin always flirted when they messaged each other and she was beginning to miss that already.

Isere saw that they had reached their house street already, quiet as usual with long canopy trees, the car drove in silence as she waited patiently for what was in store for her.

After settling in and arranging her clothes, her mother entered her room. "Where is your phone?" Her mother asked her.

Isere gave it to her, "Till when you are about to go to school, you won't be using any phone," her mother spat out.

"Isere heart sanked, she had not replied Kelvins message just yet and her mother had seized her phone.

"Strip naked, lemme see if you have heeded to my advice," Isere mother ushered Isere making her heart beat erractically. What was this again? She thought.

"You are daft or what? I said strip naked!" Her mother raised her voice.

Isere took her clothes off as she began to strip, getting uncomfortable again. A drop of tears rolled down her cheek, she hated her mother.

"God save you, if you like open your leg for men and get pregnant, you will see what I will do to you!" Were the last word from her mother before she walked away.

She collapsed on her bed, "Home bitter home!"

Who missed Isere's mother like I did?

Our Kavin couple will have to wait until Christmas break but trust me, the drama is about to start.

Vote, comment and share.