Chapter 41: Why I love you

Dedicated to prevail_mc

As soon as Isere left the canteen, she dialed Kelvin's phone number. She was supposed to stay away from him for the main time until she was done with her exams but, she needed someone to speak to at the moment.

Asides Ejiro, Kelvin was her other genuine friend and also someone she trusted to be able to understand her at this moment.

"Babe, missed me?" He spoke as soon as he answered his phone call.

Isere chuckled lightly, his voice sent warmth to her stomach. "Not really, where are you?" She asked. Her voice was low, much lower than she expected, while speaking to him, she pondered over the issue with Ejiro.

She wondered what Ejiro meant and she wondered how that little conversation escalated into something this big.

Kelvin noticed from Isere's tone, that something was wrong, her voice was much lower than he expected and it felt as if she was worried about something.

"Is something wrong?" He asked her with concern laced on his tone. At first he was lieing on his bed but when he heard her worried voice, he sat down. Her phone call woke him up.

He rubbed his eyes with his palm as he waited for her to tell him what was wrong. "Something happened," she said.

"And?" He was curious, he wanted to know why she sounded sad.

"Where are you right now, let's speak in person," She said to him.

"I'm at home," he replied.

"Okay then, we will speak when I get to your place," she said to him and ended the call.

Kelvin waited patiently for Isere. While he waited for her, he ordered pizza for the main time as he had nothing at home for her to eat. He thought of situations that could have put her in a situation like that but there was none, none at all.

After some minutes, he heard the sound of the bell notifying him that Isere was here. He jumped off the couch and took long strides towards the door. He opened the door and Isere wrapped her arms around him taking him by shock.

He slowly wrapped his arms around her, he missed her so much although they haven't been away from each other that long. "I miss you," She whispered holding unto his perfect body tightly.

"I missed you too," he replied. Isere refused to let go of him, so he placed his palm on her thigh to lift her up so he could wrap her legs around him. She wrapped her arms around his shoulder and she held unto his tightly not letting go.