Chapter 56~ Facade

Yes, it's a double update! If you haven't read the chapter before this one, go back to read it

Thank me by voting and commenting.

Tears rolled down Isere cheek when the harsh reality dawn to her. She had just gotten the test result from the doctor and her hunch was right, she was two months and two weeks pregnant.

She tightened her eyes as the tears rolled down with her fist clench. Her heart beating from her chest and her head was aching she she felt as if she was been hit on the head with cane. Mrs Williams heaved a sigh, watching Isere as she cried.

"Kate," She called out after adjusting her eye glasses. Isere couldn't bring herself to look at her in the eyes, she didn't even know what to say or what to do. Everything happened so fast as she tried recalling how it happened and what went wrong because Kelvin was sure to pull out even if he had a condom on.

"How? What happened? Who is the father?" Mrs Williams asked. Isere was speechless.

She was pregnant for the love of her life but pregnancy was the last thing on her list, she didn't want to he pregnant, or at least not now.

Her parents were definitely not going to let this go, she thought. She needed her education and if she didn't come up with a plan, things will turn sour for her.

"Talk to me, what is really the problem?" Mrs Williams asked.

"I mean your parents have always been good example to this church, they've always trained you right, so what went wrong?" Mrs Williams asked.

Isere scoffed, "Good examples indeed."

"I don't get, You have always dressed appropriately and knew the word of God than any other youth of your age, you also have not been caught in a scandal as you are always in church whenever you are around..." Mrs Williams trailed off.

"Were you raped?" She asked with a widened eyes.

Raped? God forbid, Isere said within her.

"My parents aren't who you think they are ma," Isere spat out.

"Who are they then because I have known your family even before you were born and i know they are disciplinarians." Mrs Williams spoke.

"Evil people you mean to say?" Isere corrected in a way which baffled Mrs Williams.

"Kate, I want you to be honest with me right now, you know you can trust me right?" Mrs Williams said to Isere, her voice held assurance in it.

"Speak to me, what happened to you and what is really going on? Who got your pregnant?" Mrs Williams voice came in a whisper but it was sooting and held assurance too.

Isere knew she could trust Mrs Williams. She wanted to let it all out today after all the truth behind her pregnancy would be out sooner or later.

Isere took a deep breath, she closed her eyes first and then opened it.