| xi: dead end |

"I wanted a perfect ending

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity." ― Gilda Radner

" ― Gilda Radner

Jaipur, India

The phone call caused Vihaan to be shocked for a second. I still had no idea what the person told him from the other side.

"You do know not every case comes in our jurisdiction, right?" he said to the person.

He waited for the other man to speak, and then suddenly, his face was laced with anger and frustration.

"Are you sure?" he demanded.

He waited for a few more seconds.

"Okay, I am coming right away." He hung up and looked at me. "We need to leave now," he ordered.

"Why? What happened?" I asked, still unfamiliar with the reality.

"One of the officers on duty has found the body of Prabhakar Raut near the dumping ground."

I felt the ground slipping away as I heard the news. There was hope before, just a tiny flicker. The hope was that we could get our answers once we would catch him. But now, the hope was shattered. We were back to square one. There was no path along which we could lead the investigation further.

I watched as the whites in his eyes turned a pure black and as his iris glowed teal. Rage was seeping through him. If not rage, it was the frustration that was taking over him. "I am calling Amar. You call your teammates and get ready with the types of equipment that you will need there."

I nodded and immediately rushed out of his cabin to get my job done.

It was only thirty minutes later we all had scattered ourselves around the location. My team and I were checking the body, whereas Vihaan, Amar, and his team had divided themselves to check the whole building.

"No jewellery, no belt. Ma'am. He doesn't even have a phone. His entire wallet is empty except for his identity card, which states only his name and age," Mayank said.