| lvi: echoes of chaos |

"Catch me if you can

"Catch me if you can." — The Serial Killer, His Inconvenient Bride

" — The Serial Killer, His Inconvenient Bride

Jaipur, India

Jay decided to write the article just after we finished searching up the entire house. After I had lunch with them, we all split up into groups to search the entire house.

"Guys don't tear the house apart, we'll have difficulty in cleaning up after this is over," Jay said aloud and led me to his room.

By the looks of it, the room was shared by Sherry and Jay. It was a simple two bed bedroom, with two desks just like a hostel set up. "That's my desk," he pointed to the right.

I went over to his desk, it was squeaky clean. There were still clippings of random news articles hung over the wall, which only showed his dedication to that field.

"Let's start?" I asked him.

Jay mutely nodded and went over to the farthest corner in the room and unlocked the cupboard with the keys he had been holding onto for a while. He crouched below and pulled out a large taped box from the bottommost shelf. 

On taking a closer look at the box, I noticed that it was labelled with Trishna's initials.

"We had kept her things away safely. Thankfully, those thieves were never able to get their hands on them," The look on his face had changed and my face morphed into realisation.

He knew all along where Trishna had hidden them.

Of course, she must have entrusted someone to keep her things safe. He was playing with his and everyone's life to keep it safe. Like what a true lover should have.

"You knew it all along, right?" The answer was obvious but I wanted his explanation.

"I and Trish were bffs," he said, picking up the large box and dropping it on the bed. "So it was obvious that I would know about it."

"What did she tell you?" I wanted to know her thoughts on the case. We had been working for months but we just went in circles whereas she solved the case in weeks.