| xv: vacation |

"When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different

"When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable." ― Jess C. Scot

Jaipur, India

Jaipur, India

Vihaan stood dumbfounded at the request made by Anika. He had known this woman for not more than fifteen minutes, and now she was asking him to join along. He immediately frowned and intently stared at his newly found sister-in-law. She was holding up a determined expression on her face. Now his gaze turned towards the woman who was his wife, who rather held her head down, possibly to avoid his gaze.

Her face wasn't anything extraordinary or significant, and yet, he felt magically drawn to those serious and silent features. Though she preferred to avoid his gaze most of the time, he couldn't help but notice her clean skin and lack of makeup, along with her always messy hairstyles. Perhaps many would consider her homely, but he found her awe-striking. Not in a romantic way, though. At least, not for now.

"Of course, he would. Right, Vihaan?" said Shailaja, offering her sickly-sweet smile to him.

More or less, he knew this was coming. He would not be given a chance to object, knowing the fact that his mother would coax him into it even if he didn't want to.

"Yes, Mom," Vihaan said, gritting his teeth, throwing a sarcastic smile. Then, he left the living hall.

Anika smiled widely.

Akanksha knew that it had ticked him off. Even she wasn't too glad about it. For once, she had thought that even for a few weeks, she would be getting rid of his frowny face. But now that her beautiful dream was torn into shreds, she could hear herself mentally groaning in frustration. She didn't like the idea at all. Period.

What was more surprising was that it was her sister out of all the people who was making this request. She totally despised Vihaan as she had heard of him from her sister. Anika would never leave a single chance to curse the man and enlist at every instance that he had an equal hand in destroying her sister's life along with her parents. Hence, Akanksha was utterly confused.

"I think I should help Akanksha with the packing. We have to leave after lunch," Anika said, pulling her sister along and heading upstairs.

Soon, the sisters were sitting on the bed with a suitcase wide open. They were shoving Akanksha's clothes into it. Anika pressed her hands over the clothes to flatten them so that they would fit inside the suitcase. Akanksha rolled her eyes at her attempt, knowing that her sister hadn't changed even after five blissful years of marriage.