| xxi: package of horror |

"Nothing whets the intelligence more than a passionate suspicion, nothing develops all the faculties of an immature mind more than a trail running away into the dark

"Nothing whets the intelligence more than a passionate suspicion, nothing develops all the faculties of an immature mind more than a trail running away into the dark." ― Stefan Zweig

" ― Stefan Zweig

Mumbai, India

"This is not fair! Why does he get to go? He's injured!" wailed Aditya, who stood at the driveway where we were loading our bags in the car.

"That's because he has a new project and you can't come because you have a restaurant to handle." I deadpanned.

It was finally the day we are travelling back to Jaipur. We were finally returning back to our daily lives. All the time we spent here was beautiful. The work had resumed for the officers and other employees, earlier this week, after the renovation ended. I had assigned Mayank to do the facial reconstruction, and I hoped that we could finally identify the victim.

The days had passed away so quickly that it feels that we had just come yesterday and today we are returning back home. If you have good people around you, who will always make you smile, time tends to pass away quickly and we cherish those moments for a lifetime.

"B-But..." Aditya tried to complain when Chirag cut him. "You are just jealous that he gets to live with them. And unlike you, he doesn't have free time all day to have fun."

Aditya smacked his shoulder. "Who said that I am free all the time? I have to handle my business, teach new recipes to my chefs..." he went on counting like a fool and I, Pranav and Chirag were silently laughing at him, clutching our stomachs. When he realised what he was doing, he scowled at us which only made us howl louder.

Later on, Anika Di came with Yash who gave me a few tips on the business and reminded me to meet Chachu as soon as possible. Yash handed me a packet of chewing gums and placed a kiss on his cheek and ruffled his hair. I secretly slid him a two thousand rupee note, which unfortunately didn't go unnoticed by Di who gave me an earful about not spoiling kids with money, before snatching the note from him.

Soon Vihaan came trailing behind Reyansh Jiju with his bag and moved to the car and dropped it in the trunk. He turned around and gave Jiju a hug and then lifted Yash in his arms and passed him a bar of chocolate.