| lvii: remeets |

"This time, in this game, I will be the queen and you will be the pawn

"This time, in this game, I will be the queen and you will be the pawn." — Akanksha Singh Chauhan, His Inconvenient Bride

" — Akanksha Singh Chauhan, His Inconvenient Bride

Jaipur, India

I crushed the paper in my hands, thinking over what I should do next. Dad was about to leave for the press conference in an hour, and we were eagerly waiting for it. It will be up to our higher ups to decide how much of the information should be revealed.

Which also meant that they would decide if they should reveal our names to the public. I looked at the ball of paper in my hands and then looked at Vihaan and Pranav who were still engrossed in the phone, watching the daily soap.

The duo looked relaxed, thanks to Gudiya's pregnancy and I didn't want to worry them over this message. I loved them too much to not put them in distress.

Keeping the paper ball carefully in the pocket of my jeans, I had made my decision.

I would wait until some time to tell them. Just not now.

No matter how much we think of this killer or of the case, I had a feeling that it would eventually end up coming back to me. I knew he was waiting for me.

And so was I. To watch him burn in his doom.

This was the last time I was hiding something from someone I love. In order to be free, in order to catch that killer all by myself, I had to do this.

Maybe in the future, I would tell them, but not now.

I casually turned back to my phone, surfing through the internet. Opening up the browser, I saw that Something Shady was trending on Google. A ghost smile appeared on my lips thinking that they must be celebrating this.

I clicked on the article to see how it was doing. And good gracious lord, the article already had over a few million views and lakhs of likes. The number of comments was increasing by an insane amount.

Seems like someone would enjoy their day.

I scrolled down to read the article, and though I was there to proofread it, reading it on my phone felt a little bit different.