| xliv: grave |

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." — Harriet Beecher Stowe

" — Harriet Beecher Stowe

Mumbai, India

Is this what feels like when you're finally in love? Missing your loved one every single second?

It wasn't even a few hours and I was missing Vihaan already. Technically, it was our first time being away after we met each other in February.

I was sprawled on my bed, mindlessly staring at my phone. I was just done talking to him just a while ago and I was missing him already. I learnt that he was about to go out with his friends for dinner.

I sometimes forget that he too had his own share of friends and I haven't been properly introduced to them though I have known them enough.

One was Aadya's brother, Abhimanyu who often treated me like his little sister, then there was Tanuj, Diya's brother aka, the flirt and the last one was Vansh.

They were a group of four, just like us. I had met his friends under different circumstances and not as his wife. That will happen too, one day.

The door knocked and Di walked in, holding a jar of— cookies?

"Yeah, these are cookies," she said, answering the question that was on my mind.

Anika Di sat in front of me, crossing her legs. Keeping the jar between us, she opened the lid. "Have some," she offered. The smell of the freshly baked cookies filled the entire room and I greedily inhaled the scent.

Reyansh Jiju was now mastering making cookies, wow.

Taking one from the jar, I plopped the entire cookie in my mouth. As I slowly chewed onto it, the flavours slowly melted in my mouth.

It was not Reyansh Jiju who made this cookie.

The aroma and the taste were just the same and even though it had been eight years, my taste buds had not forgotten the familiar taste of those elaichi cookies.

"When did she come here to give you these?" I asked her directly without waiting to give any shocking reactions.

"She came while you were on the phone," she told me and I nodded, now looking intently at the cookie jar.