| xlviii: a supporting partner |

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage." — Lao-Tzu

Present Time

Present Time

Mumbai, India

The colour had left Akanksha's face when Vihaan took her name. How could she be one of the possible people in the world to be called her? That too when she was about to die?

"I– It's not possible, Vihaan!" She let out a frustrated groan. "How can she call me? We don't even know each other. Heck! I have never seen her in my life," Akanksha felt like someone was playing a dirty prank on her.

"I know but that's how it is!" His tiredness was long gone and he grew concerned looking at his wife's worn out face. All of these were already taking a toll on her. He had never wished for any more complications. "In fact, the more we checked the CCTV, we found that the last bit of the video is edited which points to the fact that someone was there over that highway since the driver who had hit her was himself injured that he couldn't move."

Akanksha closed her eyes in frustration. The more they tried to untangle the knots, the more they found themselves getting trapped in it. Akanksha was more confused than ever. When did she not pick up the call? Trishna Rawat died before she even got associated secretly with the case.

"Vihaan, what's the date?" she asked him.

Vihaan took a look at his notepad that was lying on his table. "Twentieth of Jan,"

"And I first received the murder weapon, that is the knife with which Kamal Prakash was killed a week later. Dad had spoken to me on the case two days before I received that knife which means that she had no idea that I would be working on the case," she mentally calculated and told him. "How did she even get my number?

"They are Something Shady," Vihaan emphasised, "They hold the biggest Akanksha Agarwal fan club in the country. Not to mention those kids are really good in their own departments. How difficult do you think it would have been to get your number?"

Akanksha pinched the bridge of her nose, shaking her head. She was well aware of the skills they possessed. And if they worked as part-time journalists, the first thing they would do was to get their favourite person's phone number, which in their case, was getting hers.